Newbie here

Hey all,

A newbie here. This game got a glorious review in Knights of the Dinner Table (fantastic comic that can be purchased in back issue compilations- devoted to roleplaying- generally D and D).

Tom - will post second message if this is successful.

------------------

Yep, I had that game too for the Amiga. Anyone ever play Operation Whirlwind? It was the first combat sim I ever had.

Ya I'm a 6 day demo newbee, hoping to be a full version newbee soon. Ordered it Sat.nite.. As u can see by my signature, I'm in no hurry...

Hahaha..yep newbee fer sure. forgot sig. redface.gif

------------------

1pm:Where's that mailman?1:02:Drive around the neiborhood, find his truck,but he must be hiding cause of the ambush yesterday.Doh! Trucks locked.01:10back home, must calmdown.hold my juggular till I pass out so time goes by faster.01:25: Wakeup with headache and not quite sure who I am, but everthings allright. 8:pm: Remember to check mail.Nothin but bills.

Hello:

"The name ocming from that eighties game where you scurried around blatsing holes in the ground and climbing ladders and such? "

Yes. To me, that was the greatest arcade type game ever created to create the perfect balance between an action game and a logic game. Hence, the name.

Just discovered the demo of Combat Mission. I'm drooling at getting the actual CD. Should arrive within 3 days. I've spent over 300 dollars on Advanced Squad Leader, and issues of The General. Well, I've been meaning to learn the rules to ASL for, perhaps, 6 years now? I'm no longer in denial, thanks to this game. Hell, if the design mode is powerful enough, it could recreate quite a few Squad Leader and ASL scenarios. I've poured over tons of these messages, and the only realistic complaint I've read so far is that Halftracks are hard to immobilize by infantary. I have recieved a response on this. At 20 meters: yes. Close combat, they can be immobilized.

I've played both demo missions. The second one, I reluctantly played American (It's always more fun to play the Germans in WWII games-they have the coolest stuff)

I am looking foreward to playing the real deal.

Tom

"How about a game of PBEM?" -- This is my line of friendly gesture. smile.gif

I am not a good player so don't label be me as an "elite" or a "newbie vulture". :P

Welcome aboard, and see ya around.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Hey!

I FINALLY got the actual disk. It completely rocks. It's the best wargame ever, but I want the same thing on the Eastern Front, Pacific Theatre, ect. (The winter battle of the Russians and Finnish, you get my drift). Thanks for the nice welcome, folks! Currently, I'm playing against the AI to figure out the mechanics of this thing. God, what a beautiful game. Once I get the feel down, I plan on coming here to play a few of you guys.

Hopefully. My job might get in the way, but we'll see.

Tom (Loderunner)

Originally posted by Loderunner:

It's always more fun to play the Germans in WWII games-they have the coolest stuffTom

Clearly you've never run amok with a troop of Churchill Crocodiles. Oh, the mayhem, the glorious mayhem... biggrin.gif

------------------

Mein Vater, mein Vater, und hörest du nicht,

Was Erlenkönig mir leise verspricht? -

Sei ruhig, bleibe ruhig, mein Kind;

In dürren Blättern säuselt der Wind.

Stereotypes

The Un-Rant