Self-destructing Wespe and Marder showing inaccurate LOS

I'm sure these issues have come up, but I couldn't find the right key words to get to them.

In a solitaire game a Wespe just fired into a wall next to it, self-destructing. Seems unlikely in real life, no?

In another game, my Marder shows los to a building at the same apparent elevation, but continues to fire at a spot about 20 meters in front of it. The los goes over rubble, but shows a good los. Anyone know what gives?

Thanks in advance for any help on either issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxm2:

In a solitaire game a Wespe just fired into a wall next to it, self-destructing. Seems unlikely in real life, no?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well as for the Wespe

This could dew to the back blast of the gun. Shrapnel from the explosion can also damage the vehicle.

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

In real life things can get hairy like that... ya I've seen a round go off right in front of the tube...a slight rise to the front during a direct fire...scary too.. :eek:

Well as for the Marder firing...well

it could be that the recoil from the first round changed the pitch of the gun slightly and then after adjustment the following round followed the trajectory of the first...Actually there could be many other resons for it too.

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Radar ]

I just played two QBs against the AI.

In the first a SdKfz 251/9 behind a house targeted a Stuart. It fired 4 shots, each hitting the edge of the building 5m in front of it. After the shot no.4 the crew decided to abandon the vehicle! :mad:

Next game. I placed a 150mm inf gun behind a house. After a while the gun switched target to an enemy squad running back and hit the house, distance: 3m.

Result: gun destroyed, 4 casualties.

:mad:

Guess it wasn't my lucky day...

I was reading a book by a guy who served on the U.S.S. New Jersey. He mentioned while firing on NVA positions in Vietnam, one of the 16 inch shells burst right after firing. I wouldn't really want to be on deck for that little surprise, much less being anywhere near those guns firing normally.

This has been discussed alot in the past. There is a known bug where you can have LOS through a building, but if you fire the round hits the building. In the end the answer was to not put your big guns close to buildings. It sucks, but I don't think there are any plans to fix this.