Mail checking screensavers

Yes, screen savers. I know that there are mail checkers that tell about new mail by flashing keyboard LEDs or with a task bar icon. I'd like to know if someone has found a screen saver to do this. Simply because it's much easier to notice a flashing screen than blinking keyboard LED.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juju:

Wouldn't something with an audio notification do the trick? It's a feature in the program said friend of mine uses.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use the audio notification. It's a built in feature of Outlook[Express]. For me, this is the best way for notification. I can be in another room and know when I get mail. I just crank up the computer speakers, and walk away. When I hear the OOOOGAH OOOOOGAH (submarine diving alarm) I know I have mail. Works great!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Subvet:

I use the audio notification. It's a built in feature of Outlook[Express]. For me, this is the best way for notification. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the ole Startrek computer say "you have an incoming transmission (Majel Barret rocks! :D).

Anyway, I was under the impression that Slowmotion meant an external program that you run in the background without having to have your mail program open all the time.