OT M4105

I have an ongoing dispute with a friend that says there where no 105mm Shermans in WWII. I have seen some material on this tank in a book on military hardware, and it exists within CMBO. ( I trust the gang at Battlefront that they got this right.) What i am wondering is there a website that details this tank and when it was released and where it saw action. I had to be told i am wrong when i know i am right! Thanks in advance.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Rooster:

I have an ongoing dispute with a friend that says there where no 105mm Shermans in WWII. I have seen some material on this tank in a book on military hardware, and it exists within CMBO. ( I trust the gang at Battlefront that they got this right.) What i am wondering is there a website that details this tank and when it was released and where it saw action. I had to be told i am wrong when i know i am right! Thanks in advance.<hr></blockquote>

http://afvdb.50megs.com/usa/m4sherman.html

try that

you are correct by the way and your friend is mistaken

-tom w

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shipmonkey25:

You might need the explain to your friend the difference between a 105mm antitank gun and a 105mm howitzer, that might be his reason for confusion. He could be thinking of Isreali M50 Shermans with the 105mm high velocity guns.<hr></blockquote>

Good point

that may well be the source of the confusion

-tom w