Thanks, TwoSheds!

Just wanted to express my appreciation for the cool PC Mod Manager you made. It works like a champ and since I got it I have been converting all of Marco's wonderful multi-version mods to the packaged format of the Mod Manager. All the textures available at a mouse click and no swarms of batch file shortcuts to confuse me biggrin.gif.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Marco said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Would you mind emailing a vehicle-set of Mod-managered files to Old Dog, so that we can compare how someone else is arranging these? (US M4A1 is probably the smallest.)

We're just trying to figure out the best way make these mods compliant, so another input would be helpful.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done. No offense to Old Dog--his batch files were very good, but after a while I had so many icons for them it was difficult to make sure I was getting the ones I wanted smile.gif.

What I've been doing is pretty simple. I unzip your mod into a temp directory. Then I make sub-directories off that for each version. I leave the screenshots and the textures common to all version in the main temp directory and move all the version-specific files to the sub-directories. Of course, I then have to rename these latter by eliminating the version suffix after the texture number in their filenames.

I usually make the different nationalities "options" in the MM. But sometimes, like for Hernando's recent 250 halftrack mod, I get into using "extras" as well.

Thanks for the cool mods and keep up the good work smile.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.