BTS CANCELS CM:BB DEVELOPMENT!!! (and other facts from the Peng Challenge Thread)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Don't worry, I shall shortly be moving to England for a few years, so you may continue regarding me as the Englishman that to all intents and purposes I appear to be.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SASSENACH

Personally, I don't think that's a bad idea. They're lured in, defenses down, ready to reveal their emotions and then WHACK! They reel back and shrivel like a salted snail.

What the FECK is that musi... erm... sound? Oh yes, it's jazz. You bastard. I wasted two minutes of my life downloading that.

StR

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The soon to be BOOTED squire Lars, shamed me before the entire CessPool when he stated: I fear, Sire, that I must register a protest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> ***Boot*** Lad, you are my squire ***Boot*** and for you to even SUGGEST that you have the right of protest ***Boot*** is ... is ... ***Boot*** that's what it is. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The scenario that is Arty Fest ’45 is sadly broken. How can I possibly bring Janice-O-Cess the complete and humiliating loss that she so richly deserves when you ommited a bridge across the river? Not even an assault boat in sight. Could there be a ford I did not see?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh ... DAMN ... ***Boot***, that I must deal with such pedantic and narrow minded FOOLS ***Boot***. Look you lad, by CM rules you must gain MORE points than your opponent in order to WIN right? ***Boot*** RIGHT? That being the case, if you occupy YOUR half of the VLs and he occupies HIS half of the VLs, can you think of one or more ways in which such an impasse might be ameliorated in the final analysis? ***Boot*** CAN YOU? Perhaps ... I don't know, just talking off the top of my head here but ... ARTILLERY maybe? ***Boot*** If his troops are lying in broken and bleeding lumps about the landscape(and don't forget that TWO of the VLs are in the bloody river) then perhaps a combination of DEAD PEOPLE and VLs unoccupied by troops that didn't live to GET to them might SHIFT ***Boot*** THE ***Boot*** BLOODY ***Boot*** BALANCE? There are wheels within wheels here lad and I can't do ALL your thinking for you. Think outside of the firebox lad. ***Boot

Btw, nice job on Jar O' P*ss's name, remember however, that once Lorak makes him an official squire his name will be bolded an spelt properly.

Oh ... ***Boot***

Joe

{edited to put the Boot in ONE MORE TIME}

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

I note with pleasure that MY squire was bright enough not to complain or [snicker] believe HIS knight could err.

Juardis? Oh Juardis! As Lars appears to offer as much challenge as say, a kindergartener at nap time, I am going to go ahead and assign your next essay. Twenty-Five pages, due tomorrow, on Heredity and Learning: A Case Study in How Idiocy Passes Down through the Shaw Line.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I note with pleasure that MY squire was bright enough not to complain or [snicker] believe HIS knight could err.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Actually I think he doubts that HIS Knight IS an heir, one of those fungus and spore things I suspect.

The only reason MY squire noted the issue first was because, HELLO, he HAD the scenario first. If Jar O' P*ss (sorry, but rules are rules) had received it first you would no doubt have been hounded for instructions on EXACTLY how to press the GO button.

And, yes, My squire did question me, for which he was chastised, but you must remember that he is very close to being made Knight of the CessPool and is likely feeling his oats. YOUR {alleged} squire ISN'T even that ... yet. I have raised TWO excellent squires to the rank of Knighthood, how many have YOU trained?

I shan't be giving any writing assignments to MY squire ... he already has HIS assigment and it is to DESTROY Jar O' P*ss.

Joe

Young Juardis, be not put off by the blasts of warm air from Sir Shaw. Seniour knights such as he get very cranky without their evening glass of warm Milk of Magnesia.

Remeber your basic tactical principals and you will do fine. Oh yes -- if things begin to look dark, feel free to use the tac-nukes.

Now, I must get back to my football game. 41-14 at this point, I believe.

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Remeber your basic tactical principals and you will do fine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The key here would be for young Jar O' P*ss to use HIS basic tactical principals, that way he'll only LOSE, if he uses those of MrSpkr he'll be humiliated. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Oh yes -- if things begin to look dark, feel free to use the tac-nukes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Apropos of nothing at all have you ever seen 14" BB guns in this game? Pretty impressive.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Apropos of nothing at all have you ever seen 14" BB guns in this game? Pretty impressive.

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I scared myself using some of those in a QB against the AI awhile ago. The spotting round cleared off the hilltop bad guy nest I was worried about and broke some of my own guys. Fun stuff.

Heh. About the second game I played was a QB as the Allies with a bunch of Ronsons and 14" and 8" artillery. Attacking were a bunch of panthers and tigers.

14" shells can land 50m away and knock out a Tiger - did you know that? Very entertaining!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpkr in the

General Forum:

punk nations like India<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is a a punk?...a young, aggressive

uncultured upstart with a stupid haircut.

Age, USA: 200+ years old. India 2500+ yrs

Culture, India: Vedas, Upanishads, Buddhism,

Ahimsa, Moghul Architecture, Indian Classical

Music...inventor of chess, the mathematical

zero, algebra, yoga, advanced logic, grammar,

and vindaloo curry.

Culture, USA: Micky Mouse, McDonalds, Barry

Manilow, Erkel, and 'Survivor' (the latter

actually imported from Sweden)

Attitude towards cultural differences,

India: 'All religions are unique expressions

of the same truth'. USA: 'The only good Injun