Preview-my first mod!

I thought I'd post a few screenshots of my first mod, a hi-res kübelwagen smile.gif. It still needs a few finishing touches (the convertible top still needs some work, as do the tires) but I think it looks pretty good. Any comments/advice/opinions are welcome. Meanwhile I'm continuing to add details.

I've done a standard dunkelgelb, a winter, and a tricolor camo version. I spent WAY too much time on the interior--check out the authentic wooden slat floorboards and the dashboard. I did change the upholstery textures to kind of a tan color--as seen in existing kübels. The gun tractor half track shares this texture, so if anyone uses this mod its seats are going to look kind of funny.

gelb1.jpg

tri2.jpg

gelb2.jpg

winter1.jpg

tri1.jpg

It's perfect!!

I love the plain one.

It's so very crisp...

And I can see the MP40 close at hand is catching!

:D

View?u=1400454&a=10812693&p=44572071&Sequence=0&res=high

[Edited to paste the screenshot for those not privy of the MP40 reference]

Keep up with the good work and congrats for what you've achieved so far...

BTW, your attention to detail is grand. I love that in a MOD:

gelb2.jpg

For a first MOD this one sure is a keeper.

Give us a call when you finally release it...

[ 04-08-2001: Message edited by: PawBroon ]

Wow, I didn't see that. I guess the MP-40 is THE accessory to have this season ;).

Looks like one image didn't show up. Here is is: gelb2.jpg

Ok, and another. I'm really happy with how the whitewashed one turned out: winter2.jpg

Oh, and these were done using Photoshop 5.5 and a Mac smile.gif .

I think it's perfect! It is truely a very nice looking mod. You are going to be good!!

Thank you for your hard work. I know this will piss you off but are you going to do it in grey?? redface.gif Sorry, I just like a grey for this particular vehicle. But if you don't this is so pretty I might use it anyway. Truely an outstanding looking mod! ;)

Grey? GREY?!?!? Boy, you people are demanding! :D

I guess I could throw together a grey one. I learned a few new Photoshop tricks (hint: lots and lots of different layers) that make repainting these a snap, so watch this thread for updates.

So, if I pissed you off humbling asking for grey ;) I bet the iron cross request made you give up doing mods? :D Sure hope not. You are good. and maybe you might even do a Chaffee sometime as this is the only mod that really needs an improvement done on it. Even Tiger didn't do it where it's attractive. The two mods out there are nice but both just don't do this tank any justice. You can hardly see where the body stops and the turret begins. Of course I can't even do that good but this is my pet tank and I really would like to see what you could do with it. Your detail is outstanding and I'm not trying to butter you up either so don't think that for a minute. PS: Where do I send the bribe? ;);)

Allright, I slapped together a Panzergrau one. How's that for service :D?

grau1.jpg

grau2.jpg

I guess it wouldn't be TOO difficult to add a Balkankreuz :rolleyes:

Yeah, I figured my fellow modsluts would be hounding me for mods...if my Copious Spare Time permits you may see more!

Allright, I slapped together a Panzergrau one. How's that for service :D?

grau1.jpg

grau2.jpg

I guess it wouldn't be TOO difficult to add a Balkankreuz :rolleyes:

Yeah, I figured my fellow modsluts would be hounding me for mods...if my Copious Spare Time permits you may see more!

Here's the latest iteration. grau3.jpg

If someone can find me pictures of an Afrika Korps Kübelwagen with desert tires, I suppose I could be talked into making one.

Anyone want to host these things when they're ready? I'm going to try to have them for tomorrow, but I can't make any promises smile.gif

Andrew ,

this is a real impressive mod ! I would be honoured to host the files for you ( if you don´t have plans to make your own website).

Just drop me a line at: thomasklimisch@web.de

and take a look at my CM website.

Regards

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the grey one, but now I think I like the tan one better. No, just kidding, thanks a lot for the grey and the what did you call it a Balkankreuz? You learn something new everyday. Excellent work my friend! Besure to let us know where and when we can get it. Truely outstanding. PS: When do you think the Chaffee will be done. I don't want to seem pushy but will it be done tomorrow? tongue.gif

The dark yellow base color that became the official color for all german military vehicles in Jan 1943. Existing vehicles were repainted this color when it was available and new ones got dunkelgelb applied at the factory. Later on some cammo patterns were factory applied but were mostly done in the field. In March of 1945 the base color was ordered changed to dark green but few vehicles got this. Most were left in red oxide primer by that time.