E-mail games

I only PBEM. I like it & don't have the time to sit out a net game. Plus, it lets me do other things as well, talk to my wife, eat, potty, etc...if I'd play online I'd be a lonely, slowly starving, constipated, sleep deprived, young man.

------------------

"Far better it is

To dare mighty things...

Then to take rank with

Those poor, timid spirits

Who know neither

Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt 1899

I do both. I have about half a dozen PBEMs going at the moment and play 2-5 TCP/IP games a week. My wife and I are with child so I imagine after the birthing that will have to be cut back to 4 PBEMs and 2-4 TCP/IP games a week.

My only problem with PBEM games is that they can be painfully slow and you don't get the same "flow" with a PBEM game that TCP/IP or the AI gives you.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

hey elvis,

congrats on the child and good luck. my wife and i just had our first baby 3 weeks ago. i'm holding him in my left arm and typing with my right hand.... sorry about the lack of caps.... no extra fingers!

you are right about cutting back on games... you will probably still get in as many pbm games, but i don't ever have enough time for ip any more. wish i did.. but i'm either at work or with my son, mason, holding, feeding and changing. it's about a 1 hour cycle.

good luck, it's great www.karchfamily.com for his pictures.... and if anyone wants another pbm, pick any scenario ocook up a qb and send it to combat@karchfamily.com

scott karch

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghost:

does anyone actually play the e-mail games?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

The E-mail games are an arcane ritual that, if successfully concluded, result in the Peng Challenge Thread. No one wants that. Most play against the AI, or concentrate and then dilute their essence playing TCP/IP.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Congrats Karch on your new baby!

The first is the biggest change in your life you will ever have. No more TCP/IP games for you smile.gif

Out first baby, Eloise, is 9 months and now is a lot of fun. For the first 4 months she just eat, screamed, shat and slept. Now she is crawling and lamost walking and talking. Just amazing. My wife is just about to kick me off hte computer but I'll send you a QB in the next day or so. see how we go

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grobdeutschland:

it lets me do other things as well, talk to my wife, eat, potty, etc...if I'd play online I'd be a lonely, slowly starving, constipated, sleep deprived, young man.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well said GD, Especially the talking to your wife part. An essential part of achieving domestic bliss. And a happy wife = more time for CM).

So if you have kids why can't you play IP? Well, I've been raising twin daughters that are now almost 6 months old and I still find the time. Especially when they are sleepin smile.gif

Even more so, I'm Mr. Mom and have a 3rd kid as well.

So I guess I'll be moving from crack to elite status very soon:P

Anyway, I still got time for one more game...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moriarty:

Got 12 games going now, never played TCP/IP.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me know when you want to try some TCPIP. Its fun and easy. (like me)

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal