CMBO: Gentlemen's night out in London

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

Dammit. Don't you guys give us provincials any warning now, will you? :(

Let me know next time there's a meeting please, cos I'll be there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, just because you Provincials can not cope with 24 hour warnings does not mean that we have to make up for it by submitting an annual schedule beforehand - so there. If you are north of the Watford Gap, may I inquire how you get to a computer? Last time I checked they did not have electricity there. How's Dick Turpin?

Now, this was a small socialite get-together where just some of us were to meet over a pint and make fun of Peter, as we usually do. By my grace and tolerance, the invitation was extended to more people, on short notice. A test of mental flexibility that you clearly failed.

Anyways - I will make sure that the next one is properly arranged and that you get an invitation on hand-made paper, signed by HRH Brenda. How's that?

[Health warning] The poster of the words above spend too much time in the Peng Thread. No smilies were harmed in the making of this post, although post-mortal mutilation of various smilies can not be ruled out.[/Health Warning]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Now, this was a small socialite get-together where just some of us were to meet over a pint and make fun of Peter, as we usually do. By my grace and tolerance, the invitation was extended to more people, on short notice. A test of mental flexibility that you clearly failed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I crave your forgiveness. Having read the title of the thread I assumed that there was an unannounced Local Boy bash.

I now see that you were withholding the pleasures of LunDun beer from us poor NotLocal people, an act of discrimination for which you will pay, well, at least the price of a pint of beer. For that is what they cost.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Look, just because you Provincials can not cope with 24 hour warnings does not mean that we have to make up for it by submitting an annual schedule beforehand - so there. If you are north of the Watford Gap, may I inquire how you get to a computer? Last time I checked they did not have electricity there. How's Dick Turpin? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm south of the Watford Gap (Tunbridge Wells, Kent). But I'm also busy tonight - I have a full social life, you see (coff choke)

Don't confuse us sophisticated country folk for the poor saps in the north.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Anyways - I will make sure that the next one is properly arranged and that you get an invitation on hand-made paper, signed by HRH Brenda. How's that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sourpuss. What's wrong with Agnes? She's more important than Brenda. I bet it's because Brenda lives in the North, isn't it? Agnes is more local. You londoners, you're all the same. *sob* *whimper*

HRH Brenda is going to be there?

Really?

AND I can expect a hand written, water marked invitation...say no more.

It dosn't get much better than that.

But I take your point, should we be more considerate next time? Possibly.

First things first, can I have a roll call of all volunteers. Remember to include your preferred fancy dress costume and whether you like pass-the-parcel. I did mention it would be a fancy dress party didn't I?

Me? I adore pass the parcel (as long as I win). :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

I'm south of the Watford Gap (Tunbridge Wells, Kent). But I'm also busy tonight - I have a full social life, you see (coff choke)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ewwww, Tunbridge... Ewwww, Kent...

What kind of social 'life' is that? Meeting of the Conservative Club, trying to chat up 65-year old ladies with blue-rinsed hair and views on civil liberties that would make Stalin look like a model-democrat?

. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Ewwww, Tunbridge... Ewwww, Kent... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Tunbridge Wells. Tonbridge is a very different sack of potato skins. Only a "Policy Analyst" with his head inserted so firmly in the government's bottom that it is impossible to tell where one ends and the other begins could confuse the two. Of course, there's no real world outside London, or we'd have seen some sensible policies for the rural districts.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>What kind of social 'life' is that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One has to do the best one can with one's meagre resources. When I am wealthy and rich and a carbuncle upon the raw anus of humanity, with a title such as "Policy Analyst", perhaps I will have a real social life.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Meeting of the Conservative Club, trying to chat up 65-year old ladies with blue-rinsed hair and views on civil liberties that would make Stalin look like a model-democrat?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Them girls is real goers, mostly because they already have a riding crop and a copy of Mein Kampf to beat me with.

Still, I suppose someone whose nostrils and brain are clogged with the stench of car fumes and pollution must be incapable of taunts that would strike fear into the tory heartland.

Oh, and smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif - Smiley Liberation!

Hmmm

I guess to conform to the group I had better stop using "Mr Smiley"

Mind you it will give the dogs something to yap at and take the heat of Peter...

I have a cunning plan.

I have talked to the G/F and mentioned Shopping and London in the same breath. As she is a Northampton Lass she was so shocked she did not ask why I wanted to take her down to London on Saturday.

Now don't let me down lads, I am making a great sacrifice to be down in that neck of the woods. I would risk great personal harm if I now tried to back out of this arrangement.

Hmmm I perhaps should not have said that... Bugger...

Anyway It would be good to have a one off meet up to put faces to the obnoxious comments on here.

;)

Bugger sorry lads that slipped in....

H

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holien:

Hmmm

I guess to conform to the group I had better stop using "Mr Smiley"

Mind you it will give the dogs something to yap at and take the heat of Peter...

I have a cunning plan.

I have talked to the G/F and mentioned Shopping and London in the same breath. As she is a Northampton Lass she was so shocked she did not ask why I wanted to take her down to London on Saturday.

Now don't let me down lads, I am making a great sacrifice to be down in that neck of the woods. I would risk great personal harm if I now tried to back out of this arrangement.

Hmmm I perhaps should not have said that... Bugger...

Anyway It would be good to have a one off meet up to put faces to the obnoxious comments on here.

;)

Bugger sorry lads that slipped in....

H<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh alright then. I am always partial to the odd pint or two. I check with the others tonight. Saturday after the game, right? What time?

hmmm, Northampton lasses... Has she recovered from fainting yet?

It might be better before the game as the kick off is at 3pm and that way I could leave her with my wallet in some shopping area and slip off for a pint.

Then me and her indoors can find a bar where we can watch the game.

As we don't do the London thing very often if you could tell me a good place (without setting me up for a kicking by some London Geezers) to watch the game I would be grateful.

It might be possible to do it after but I would have G/F in tow and she would start asking silly HR questions as that is her trade.

They go along the lines of "if you could be a tank what tank would it be?" These she would then use to assess your personality and ensure that you are capable of playing the game.

She is fairly broad minded, but I am not sure how she would deal with a German Boy.

So I would vote for Pre Game and close to somewhere where we can watch the match and my G/F can find and join us for the game.

As it is in no-way a democracy I will go with the will of the leader. (chants we are not worthy and scrapes and bows on the floor!!!)

H

As it is in no-way a democracy I will go with the will of the leader. (chants we are not worthy and scrapes and bows on the floor!!!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed.

Right - game, screen, bugger. Hmmm... Somewhere around Charing Cross should be reasonably nice. I check with some people who may know their way around there.

Any news on Saturday or any other night for a meet up?

I need to set my lady's expectation.

H<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't look good. So far it would only be me, and how much more boring can that get. I will be in the city anyway. Email me privately to sort it out. Same for anyone who wants to come.

Ok NP German Boy...

I will check with her in doors, if she forces me to goto London because of my previous promise then we can meet up and watch the Football, if you are into it?

I think I maybe able to get out of it by offering her my DIY services at home...

H

Ok NP German Boy...

I will check with her in doors, if she forces me to goto London because of my previous promise then we can meet up and watch the Football, if you are into it?

I think I maybe able to get out of it by offering her my DIY services at home...

H<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah sure. I just have to disguise msyelf as an Austrian. :D