CM2 - Can I buy NKVD Batallions to shoot my own troops?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Skipper:

Btw, female tsar is tsaritsa, not tsarina.

Hmm..... this whole language thing burns me up. There are people spelling oxygen with as "oxygene" in another thread. smile.gif

Never gonna figure it out. If you use "czar" as I did, the female is "czarina."

We're both correct.

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

[This message has been edited by Dr. Brian (edited 03-27-2001).]

Bah, Americans and their spelling mistakes...

Maybe they refer to the tsaritsa that way in English, but in Russian it was always tsaritsa.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Interesting thread throughout. Drifting a bit, I saw a mention a ways back of Dieppe as an example of a great military blunder. It reminded me of a book by Ralph Ingersol, Top Secret, written in the mid forties. Ingersol fought in North Africa and was (IIRC) a mid level intelligence officer in Europe before and during D-Day period. According to him, the American contingent considered the Dieppe raid a qualified success when considered as a reconaisance in force. They landed, they stayed and manouvered until morning, they left. Security and intelligence were flawed, to be sure, but even so, again according to Ingersol, who claims to represent the American military opinion in the pre D-Day planning phase, Dieppe could be viewed as more of a success than failure.

Originally posted by snagdad:

According to him, the American contingent considered the Dieppe raid a qualified success when considered as a reconaisance in force. They landed, they stayed and manouvered until morning, they left. Security and intelligence were flawed, to be sure, but even so, again according to Ingersol, who claims to represent the American military opinion in the pre D-Day planning phase, Dieppe could be viewed as more of a success than failure.

Yes, do not attack fortified ports head on.

LimShady