Old bug still here: Enemy target area command visible

Just noticed it yesterday in a PBEM game. I saw an enemy Tiger target area yellow line. I think that it was visible only in the beginning of turn, then it disappeared. My opponent also said that he saw the target line of one of my mortars.

its not a bug... suprizingly when one is shooting one can see where they are targeting via.. tracers and screams of pain followed to the sounds of BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA you can tell where the fire is comming from.. if you can see bullets kicking up around you you can most likely see where they are comming from or at least for the 5 seconds you popped your head up over that stone wall.

-----------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

"So if it is a coy of flamethowers lighting up everything in sight like a Mongolian barbecue chef gone postal, and your opponent is OK with it, PLAY ON!"

-The_Capt

Well, you would see a red line if he was targetting your tank.

If it's OK to see the enemy's direct fire lines, then it should be OK to see their area fire targets too. Doesn't sound buggish. Especially when you're playing by e-mail and the time difference between seeing the movie and making your moves can be a day or two - it gets kind of hard to remember what everone was shooting at.

p.

You can't see arty spotter's area target lines anymore, though. This was fixed in 1.1.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

To sum this up.

1. Been talked to death about.

2. Decided by the powers that be, that it is NOT a bug, and thus will not be changed.

3. End of discussion.

Jeff

------------------

Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

You can't see arty spotter's area target lines anymore, though. This was fixed in 1.1.

Oh yes, I confused this to that.

Still I think that seeing the enemy area target is gamey, but this is a game after all. I guess that if we would not see the enemy direct targets, the game would be much harder to play.

At least the infantry direct targets have to be seen because we don't see the actual bullets. It's a bit different with tanks, we see the tank firing and missiles flying after all.