CM Appreciation Suggestion

Imagine for a moment that CM seems a little stale... not much in the way of new mods coming in... scenarios have been played, replayed, and played again... same guys trying the same tactics... different guys trying the same tactics...

Try this: play one of those other WW2 tactical games. Force yourself to play the Campaign Series or Steel Panthers or their ilk for a couple of weeks. Then fire up CM again. Woo hoo! It's like eating real food after nothing but MRE's for weeks.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shep:

Imagine for a moment that CM seems a little stale... not much in the way of new mods coming in... scenarios have been played, replayed, and played again... same guys trying the same tactics... different guys trying the same tactics...

<hr></blockquote>

I don't see that I will ever be through all the scenarios. And if the guy's tactics are too straight, snow, fog or crappy forces always help.

But still...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

Try this: play one of those other WW2 tactical games. Force yourself to play the Campaign Series or Steel Panthers or their ilk for a couple of weeks. Then fire up CM again. Woo hoo! It's like eating real food after nothing but MRE's for weeks.<hr></blockquote>

... it's worse for me, I started with CMBO, after only a bit of TOAW. It is very hard for me to see the point about Steel Panthers, Panzer Campaigns (any would like to buy Normandy '44), War in Russia etc.

Tacops is good, though and I have Decisive Action on my disk, still not really played.