finally saw an Engineer squad remove a mine

I had an engineer squad on point walking down a road. Sure enough, they ran over an AP mine. Killed or wounded one unlucky soldier. Well, they kept on walking but about 10m further down the road (but I'm guessing still in the mine tile), I see a satchel charge being tossed over their shoulders and onto the minefield. The satch exploded, minefield go bye bye (as in cleared). Cool.

I was always under the impression that I had to stop next to a minefield and spend a few turns there to clear the field. This was with 1.05. Since I never experienced engineers at work, is this the way their supposed to do it? Are AT mines harder to clear (as in, do they have to stop and spend some time next to an AT tile)?

------------------

Jeff Abbott

I have seen them use a satchel charge to clear anti-personnel mines but havent yet had the opportunity to see up close how they clear the anti-tank mines. The camera angles in CM are great but during thick of battle its hard to view everything up close on anything larger than a small map and even then its hard to do. Often once the real time battle mode kicks in I switch to the "4" view to get a better overall picture of the fight.

~Skott Karlsson~