Now that we are up and running again...here is the updated First Round bracket.

Tblaster

vs------------Harpooner

Harpooner

1)

Treeburst155

vs------------Winner

Cubes

====================

Pacestick

vs------------Pacestick

R_Leet

2)

mPisi

vs------------Winner

Jaws

====================

Speedy

vs------------Speedy

Hurricane

3)

Senor Beef

vs------------Senor Beef

Radar

====================

aaronb

vs------------Winner

Wildman

4)

Jeff Heidman

vs------------Winner

Pondscum

====================

Philistine

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

5)

Greg Clement

vs------------Winner

Gyrene

=====================

Toxicchaos

vs------------labappel

labappel

6)

Stoffel

vs------------Stoffel

Loki

=====================

The Commissar

vs------------Winner

Sock Monkey

7)

Mlapanzer

vs------------Winner

Chuckle

=====================

Claymore

vs------------Winner

Carboy

8)

Texas Toast

vs------------Texas Toast

Stix

=====================

And there it is.

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: Iron Duke ]

Battlefield update:

Sock Monkey and I are now on turn 10, and so far the battle has been largely one sided.

Basically, Monkey has been pounding me and my boys with more long-range sh@t that you can shake a 155mm Arty shell at. Although my men have managed to reach the flag first, I have taken very heavy casualties. The snow simply kills all fast movement after the first 60 seconds (troops get weary by then).

I hope I'm able to last the next 10 turns, since I am guessing due to Monkey's purchase of so much arty, rockets, and tanks, his infantry will not be as strong as mine. Otherwise folks, Im fecked! :eek:

Greg/Gyrene update:

We're up to turn 7 and we have yet to see each other. Lots of deep mud and very poor visibility (140m or so), movement is very slow, especially on my side, since I got the hills.

We should have a fast paced 10 or so turns to finish the game, once contact is made.

Gyrene

Pondsum and I are one turn 18 of 20. Things are looking bleak for the Allies. So far, the armored vehicle score is:

Pondscum: Killed two M-18s, a M-36, and a M4-76 Jumbo.

Jeff: Not sure, but it said "light tank..."

He has several Panthers now freely roaming around punding the crap out of my infantry. I hold the flag, for the moment, but the situation is damn bleak...

And the American use of T rounds is STILL SCREWED!!!! That Jumbo hit a Panther 3 times with AP before it died with 6 rounds of T sitting in the rack!

Jeff Heidman

Speedy is right here gents...I started this thread without bothering to look to see if anyone else had already started one up.

So this one is closed. Our new thread is the AKoTM version 2 thread started by my padawa learner "The Commissar". :D

Well, a brilliant mid-term AAR from my game with Carboy was wiped out by the Great Crash of 2001. Wearily then and in a much more bland style our game has gone as thus:

Deep Mud Map with wooded VL in centre

Claymore: Axis Carboy: Yanks

Noting that we have very slow movement rates and very dodgey LOS from setup zones for artillery spotters I purchased 3xGreen 201mm Rickets and 2xGreen 150mm Rickets. With the width of the map and the slow advance of any Allied units the simultaneous arrival the artillery should (and did) take the starch out of anything Carboy was planning.

I filled out my kit with 4xCrack Hetzers, 2xVet 234/2, 6xREG Fusilier Platoons, 2x 37mm FLAK and 1xCRACK 75mm ATG.

Carboy appears to have taken Shermans, 2 companies of infantry and an artillery spotter of the larger variety.

The game stands now at Turn 12. Carboy appears to have had his infantry decimated by the ricket barrage. What armour didn't bog or bug out from the rickets was quickly put down by the Hetzers. I had one PSW bog in the mud but all other units are now overwatching the VL which is occupied by the two companies of Fusiliers.

German casualties: 12 men

Allied Casualties: at least 3 tanks and 2 companies of infantry.

I expect the game to end very shortly.

Cheers

Claymore