"light guns" in "Company Commander" book?

In his book "Company Commander", Charles MacDonald repeatedly refers to "the light guns" that belong to his company during the fights in the Bulge. Apparently, they are of the same unit magnitude as the 60mm mortars and they belong to the company. If don't think they are 57mm AT guns, since in earlier chapters he refers to the 57mm AT guns that battalion placed in his company area explicitly as "57mm AT guns" and those were not company asserts. The small guns obviously belong to the company, but he never says what kind of gun that is. Nor does he mention how they are towed, but from context I don't think they used vehicles, my impression is that they are moved by an infantry team. He also take them with him when entering woods where he leaves the 60mm mortars behind, another indication that they are small.

An example place of mention is pace 121 of the 1999 softcover (near beginning of chapter 14 "attack!").

So what kind of gun might that be and what could you use in CMBO terms

to model it? Maybe recoilless rifles?

I've been reading too much 101st Airborne stuff lately, which made me think of the 75mm guns, but Company Commander is not about Airborne. The "light guns" he is referring to are .30 machine guns. In the first part of that sentence he refers to "heavy machine guns from Company M," which I presume is the heavy weapons company for his battalion. Then he refers to "our own light guns" from his company, Company I.