M16 inn CMBB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

0 because it was not included in the game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is CMBB finished?!?!?!? :confused:

How can you say that it was not included in the game otherwise?

As you can see, the title of this thread is "M16 inn [sic] CMBB".

But I should of course have asked "how many will you be allowed to use before it gets gamey?"

tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogface21:

...It is interesting to hear about the Arctic convoys, that is sadly the first Ive ever heard of them, is there any good documentry material on them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beleive there is an episode of "Military Blunders" on the History Channel that focuses on PQ 17.

This site has an account of an attack on a US Artic convoy in 1942.

Wow. I cant beleive I have never heard anything about that. What a terrifying experiance. Thank you for that link, it was exactly what I was looking for. Jeez, those guys were brave, could you imagine going head to head like that with a Stuka? Could you imagine having no other choice? That is yet another story that makes me respect and appreciate my elders even more. Its starting to get to the point that if I even see an old man, limping in the grocery store, I get a lump in my throat and want to thank him for being so brave, and fighting for us all.

The best M16 related story I've come across was in the book "East of Chosin" (I'll let you know who wrote it as soon as I find it...) about the Army's tragic Task Force Faith in the Chosin Reservoir area in Korea, 1950.

2 M16's and 1 M19 (Dual 40mm AA on a M24 chassis) were all that were keeping the massed Chinese away from the Army positions, the M19 was shooting flak and set to go off in the middle of the advancing Chinese at head height....Needless to say it was very effective. The M16's also did their share of the work. The Chinese learned to give them very wide berth.

Quad .50's (Maxson mounts) & M19's (Known as Dusters) were also used in Vietnam, and saw quite a bit of action with an Army unit in Khe Sahn.

Funny enough, in the history of the Quad .50 equipped vehicles & other AA rigs in US service those who have seen action have been used almost as much in an anti-personnel role as the have against aircraft.

Too bad we didn't get them in CMBO, it would give the Allies a great "gamey" unit ;)

Gyrene