Tiger ll / Koenig Tiger

IIRC the Tiger II was designed in 1939 by Adolf Hitler. The initial production run were all hand crafted from congealed concrete, and these early designs also featured the infamous "Henschel" hexagon-shaped turret. After Himmler had finished test driving the Tiger II in 1941, it entered full production. Initially sporting a 158mm gun this was upgraded to 124mm because most Allied tanks were crap. By the end of the 20,000 Tiger IIs had been manufactured, but only two dozen actually saw active service.

Hope this helps, Bates.

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by M. Bates:

IIRC the Tiger II was designed in 1939 by Adolf Hitler. The initial production run were all hand crafted from congealed concrete, and these early designs also featured the infamous "Henschel" hexagon-shaped turret. After Himmler had finished test driving the Tiger II in 1941, it entered full production. Initially sporting a 158mm gun this was upgraded to 124mm because most Allied tanks were crap. By the end of the 20,000 Tiger IIs had been manufactured, but only two dozen actually saw active service.

Hope this helps, Bates.

Now really Bates, that just won't do - tutut. If the words 'clueless' and 'git' had not been invented already, we would need them for you.

Everybody (and for that matter the Kitchen Sink) knows that the Tiger II had a 46.5cm Naval gun, which was developed from Blueprints stolen by Richard Sorge from the Japanese, which fell into German hands when a Soviet truck full of toilet-paper replacement was captured in a daring action by Obergefreiter Rizinus just south of Charkov. To the end of his days he maintained 'I was not a hero, just an ordinary soldier suffering from Joseph's Revenge. Borshtsh is awful.' The tank never made it into production because the Schwere Küchenspüle Sdkfz. 123456 Ausf. II® was felt to be able to do all the stuff the Tiger II was supposed to be doing and then some.

So there. Next time read a book or somefink before you post.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

This has got to be a joke right? What is a Tiger II or Koenig Tiger?

EVERYBODY knows that a Tiger II/Koenig's Tiger was Hitler's secret Uberweapon that was going to mount a 210mm AT-gun that also doubled as a rocket launching tube. Because by this time in the war, Germany was experimenting with wire-guided AT-guided missiles and BFG Ausf. 9000s.

No seriously, lcm1947, a Tiger II or Koenig Tiger is the SAME thing as a King Tiger. (Koenig = King) (Tiger I = PzVI Ausf. E; Tiger II = PzVI Ausf. B)

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Jeez, you guys are such pathetic excuses for grognards.

The Tiger II was built before the war in secret training camps in Russia. It featured 182mm frontal armor sloped at 68 degrees, and was armed with a 150mm kartoffelmorser, with four MG34 MGs mounted coaxially. Crews had mixed feelings about this tank. They appreciated it's thick armor and execllent potato throwing capability, but the Tiger II proved to be very vulnerable to infantry close assaults, as it lacked side and rear facing machine guns that were found on most German tanks at the time.

Look, if none of you know how to read a book before posting, I can teach you or somefink. smile.gif

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

bah, ya'all wrong...

there never was a tank named Tiger II or King Tiger!

That was all propaganda and psychological warfare!

The truth is, in late 1944, Hartmut Tauf, a former carpenter and at this time working for the Propaganda Ministerium had an idea...all allied troops feared the Tiger (another hoax, as it was a Pz II with a wooden gun).

His idea was to camouflage a Pz III as an Uebertank.

The very first thing to do was to paint signs..."Uebertank" written on it.

The allies were impressed.

Next came the idea to use a lot of wood to cover the Pz III and to make it look bigger.

So the legend of the Tiger II (or as Private Hitler called it "King Tiger") started.

And it worked; all allied gunners were so impressed that they missed most of the time...no gunner would ever say he MISSED so it must be the 150mm armor...voila...le KÖNIGSTIGER....

Just another myth...

Fred smile.gif

OK. I see some of you actually knew what you were talking about and apparently some of you didn't. Now, thank those of you that knew and were so kind as to reply. You others should try reading up on a subject in the future before answering a serious question because I almost was thinking that and would have told someone else some day that the Tiger II was a concrete tank with a wooden gun that the Russia's built for Hitler. King Tiger how about that.

Ok, let's see what ol' Webster has to say about it...

Tiger II. {Ti*ger Too}: See Koenig Tiger.

Koenig Tiger. {Kay*nig Ti*ger}: See King Tiger.

King Tiger. {King Ti*ger}: See Tiger II.

Hmmm, seems that they're all the same name for the same tank.

------------------

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Boys, it's really frustrating how you answer serious questions. mad.gif

The Königstiger was the first German tank, designed 1916 by Seiner Majestät, Kaiser Wilhelm II. It was equipted with a 800mm canon, weight 1344 metrical tons and had a crew of about 1500 men. It was the main reason why Germany won WW1.

BTW, what is a 'book'???

------------------

Keine Gefangenen!

Visit my Combat Mission Sound Mods site!

Scipiobase

Join the Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club

[This message has been edited by Scipio (edited 03-24-2001).]

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Scipio:

BTW, what is a 'book'???

Something a lot of people use to light a fire, by applying a match to it.

Other (very few) people read in books.

I have heard that German Ueberbooks were so potent that the Allies demanded they be withdrawn, or else they would nuke Germany with 'The Joke'.

Very few Allied tankers could cope with being hit by a broadside of Schiller. Even the Pershing, while capable of dealing with Brecht and Thomas Mann, buckled and caved in under a volley of Goethe. The Pershing's Tennessee Williams gun just couldn't hack it. The UK did a bit better with their Shakespeare equipped Sherman 'Pucks', although the very bright Faerie camo scheme was a bit ridiculous to look at in battle conditions.

It was a good thing that the strategic bomber offensive was switched to paper mills in 1944, thus denying the Wehrmacht the crucial Grade A paper supplies so desperately needed in their defensive battles.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Most Tiger part Deux were sucked to hell in the mud of Europe.

Now Tiger III were something else. 10 gallons to the half kilometer and they relied on dropped aviation gas pods for fuel. Luckily they never left the factory.

Oh come now Lewis, it is common knowledge that the Tiger III only got 250m on 10 gallons, not 500m. rolleyes.gif GEEZ, read a book before you post. wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by JunoReactor:

What? There are no tigers in Europe you fools!

There were a few spottings in the continent's prestigious zoos, but thats after the war.

Wait a second, Russel Crowe was fighting them in the arena in Rome and Rome is in Europe so there wink.gif

------------------

Cos

The fact is, the Tiger II was a myth. The cagey Huns made thousands of cardboard boxes artfully painted them and wired them to civilian cars. Equipped with smoke mortars and sound projectors, these cars overran Europe. Relics abound in junkyards, commonly called "beetles."

The only thing saving the Huns from humiliation was the ubiquitous "88." A pocket cannon issued to every Jerry infantryman, the 88 fired a rocket-assisted projectile to a range of 100km and destroyed city blocks by converting them to parking garages for the notorious "beetles."

Postwar Europe is littered with the result of this devastating weapon system.