Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How do I get a Flamethrower tank to Flamethrow?

I just got the game about a week ago, and I was wondering how to get the flamethrower tanks to flamethrow. Whenever I issue a target order, it asks me if I want to use the Main Gun. If I click yes, then It just shoots AP or HE. If I click no it just shoots machine gun. What am I supposed to do?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panther G:

I just got the game about a week ago, and I was wondering how to get the flamethrower tanks to flamethrow. Whenever I issue a target order, it asks me if I want to use the Main Gun. If I click yes, then It just shoots AP or HE. If I click no it just shoots machine gun. What am I supposed to do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are in range you probably do not have bow clearance to the target. The flame on the croc and sherman flamer is in lieu of the bow MG so you may have LOS with the main gun but not the bow mg. Drive it a little forward of hull down and give it a try. The range of the flame can be found by selecting the unit and hitting enter to bring up the unit details. If in range and with LOS from the bow the flame will fire if you issue the fire main gun command

Happiness is the sound of popping stormtroopers

smile.gif