Editor Idea for CM 2

Would it not be nice if the designer could assign initial flag ownership, either axis, allied, or neutral? This way flags would not have to be garrisoned in EVERY case, only if the designer wanted it that way. A flag would belong to the designer assigned side unless the enemy brought it into his zone of influence. If the flag was unoccupied at this time, it would change sides. Just a little thing that might be nice. Oh, FOW would still be in effect however. If a player owns a flag at the start, and doesn't see the enemy claim it, he continues to see it as his own.

Sounds like what you're asking for is Steel Panthers types of flags where they toggle to one side or the other and don't have to be manned.

Makes a lot of sense for larger scenarios and operations (where something was an important objective in the past but the fighting has moved on). I'm working on a large campaign for CMBB and I will in fact ask the player to ignore CMs flag ownership and treat them this way manually instead.

I recently played Mortain - CMBO - a very long narrow map. As my forces were advancing I noticed the flags behind me were going back to neutral. I ended up walking some abondoned vehicle crews back to the flags to hold them. I needed to exit units as part of the scenario. Those guys were left behind. A toggle of ownership would be a good feature.