CMBO version 1.2 after CM2?

I've been thinking about this for a little while...

Once CM2 is released (and possibly reached a state similar to CMBO version 1.05), is there any chance for an upgrade of CMBO?

It could incorporate a few of the engine tweaks implemented in CM2, as well as possibly some corrections to the other issues found with version 1.12.

Purdy plueease!?! redface.gifsmile.gif

Olle

If BTS upgrades CMBO I'll be happy. If they don't I 'll understand. They've already gone above and beyond the call of duty upgrading the game for free, and I for one am appreciative. Hell, I'm still waiting for the additional scenarios promised a decade ago (but never delivered) for that ancient game "Hellcats over the Pacific!"

Guest PondScum

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tank Man:

They won't need to upgrade CMBO if they make CM2 fully backward compatible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would mean including all of CMBO's 3D models and unit stats in CMBB, which I don't think is gonna happen...

If BTS offered a "CMBO B", I would pay full price again and would think many would pay at least half price, if:

- a new bug fixing round starts, especially smoke rounds fired for effect and setup spotting

- mortar vehicles can use spotting HQ and British get mortar vehicle (3" on universal carrier)

- add some missing units that are important for balanced gameplay, like quad .50cal

- penetration table for .50cal and MG42 is published

- kill mechanism of unarmoured vehicles (SdKfz 7/1 and 7/2) is publically discussed and maybe fixed with increased effect of near-hit HE rounds or something

and (thats what I would really pay for)

We get an interface to import new vehicles with geometry, bmp filenames, weapons, speed etc. Specialities like curved armour, Tiger front turret etc. don't need to be available, but we also need our own main gun definitions.

Yes, that would enable us to make all periods of the war ourself, but not really since new ground types etc. would not be available and we would still have no AT rifles, guns, squads types that would be required for an exact play of earlier war periods. I think that just vehicles with existing MGs and imported new gun types (U.S. 155mm) would be a nice feature that doesn't compromise BTSs too much.

Also, I assume that CM2 will have much improved mechanisms that would still make it and it successors more attractive.