Bizarre Graphical Slowdown

Even with MODS, my game runs fine graphically, except...

When I am playing a large battle, and I draw either a move or fire line, it gets HYPER jumpy/slow. This is the ONLY time it happens! Why would the graphic of the MOVE/TARGET line cause so much of a problem???

(It only happens WHILE drawing the line... if the line is just sitting there it's fine.)

I had that problem in large battles until I increased my RAM from 128 to 256. No problem now. How much are you running? You can try turning down some of your graphics such as tree coverage.

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

What's the parameters of your system? I have a 450Mhz AMD 6k and I slow down when there are too many units or terrain features.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Sorry, should have posted this earlier!

Sys pecs:

AMD K6-2 @ 380mhz

80 mb ram

Voodoo 3 3000 pci (16mb of course)

I get slowdown on VERY LARGE or HUGE battles, but I can live with that...

It's the blasted slowdown/jumpiness when drawing lines that's pissing me off!

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Sorry, should have posted this earlier!

Sys pecs:

AMD K6-2 @ 380mhz

80 mb ram

Voodoo 3 3000 pci (16mb of course)

I get slowdown on VERY LARGE or HUGE battles, but I can live with that...

It's the blasted slowdown/jumpiness when drawing lines that's pissing me off!

No wonder. I have the same thing with a 450Mhz processor and 128Megs of Ram and a Nividia Riva w 32Megs and I get slowdowns in large scenarios. I even get slowdowns in medium size games if there are lots of terrain and vehicles.

You may have to get a better video card to get rid of your problem. Have you run it through the tech help section of the forum?

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.