Crazy new bug and mad at an old one

I just saw this about 10 minutes ago. Its the first time ive seen it.

abandoned44.gif

Now the next bug. I thought this was fixed in a patch but it came up again playing the same scenario. I fast-move ordered an M-7 Preist to move near the corner of a building, and rotate to another building across the map. Since it was a short move order, it all happened in one turn. The preist fast-moved to the waypoint where I wanted it to go, but, because it had to alter its route a little, the rotate order changed to a fast-move order. So, after the priest got to where i wanted it to go, it fast-moved over to where i wanted it to rotate to, where it was killed point-blank with a 'schreck. ARGH!

Well MadmaN, a lesson I learned in my first PBEM is to NEVER use rotate command on a vehicle or AFV. I had a Daimler exhibit the exact tendancies you just described. They will actually move along the "rotate to" line as if you asked them to move there. If you do use a rotate to command, keep it very short. Better to just use a short hunt command in the direction you would like them to face, IMHO. I know it's not a fix, but it's a workaround that works extremely. Good luck sir!

Bigmac out!

------------------

All CM All the time!

Check out the Dogs of War CM Players Community

Originally posted by bigmac@work:

Well MadmaN, a lesson I learned in my first PBEM is to NEVER use rotate command on a vehicle or AFV. I had a Daimler exhibit the exact tendancies you just described. They will actually move along the "rotate to" line as if you asked them to move there. If you do use a rotate to command, keep it very short. Better to just use a short hunt command in the direction you would like them to face, IMHO. I know it's not a fix, but it's a workaround that works extremely. Good luck sir!

Bigmac out!

Thanks, ill do that from now one. As for the abandoned rifle squad, the rest of the company bugged out and left them behind i guess. biggrin.gif

Nice screenshot there fella, now get some mods! Also you might wanna try turning transparencies on and high-quality smoke. You're missing out on the best part of the game. The explosions.

If you just have a Voodoo2 card, you might wanna think about upgrading. A Voodoo 2 card won't do what I mentioned above.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Yeah. None of that will work on this card, its a 4 meg ATi Turbo Pro or something, piece of total crap. Just about every AFV is modded though, i need some building mods though. Anyone reccomend a set of building mods?

Panzertruppen's Buildings. You see'em in about every screen shot that has buildings in'em.

Also, grab DD's uniforms. Those bright yellow '44 Ami unis are hurtin' my eyes.

Also, if you've got a AGP slot, look into getting a TNT2 or better card.

I'm going to upgrade my whole computer soon and I think I'm going to go with the 64MB Geforce 2 GTX card.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-29-2001).]

Everybody in here has played this game sans mods at one time. The game remains excellent in stock form. Although I have a few mods myself it's all just so much eye candy and adds nothing to the actual game mechanics.

True! Eye candy yes, but OH so delicious!! I'll admit it, I'm a mod slut, but I'm trying to recover. I had to reinstall the game a couple weeks back. Saved my current BMP folder and fired up a game on the original bitmaps.... I cried... The graphics hurt my eyes. I think I still have neon green emblazoned on my retina from the original grass (Sorry Steve and Charles). Needless to say, the original graphics lasted all of one round. Spoiled, I know, but do you remember the original reviews of this game? "Fantastic game but...", it was getting marks against it for it's graphics. I remember playing the demo and thinking the graphics were simply amazing. How times have changed. The mods that the modders are coming up with just grab you by the eyeballs and FORCE you to play this game. Kudos to Steve and Charles for the forethought to present the graphics as simple bitmaps that are easily modified. Plain and simple, with the variety of mods out there, even the earlier naysayers (as far as graphics go) are raving about this game. CM: Live it, love it, play it! smile.gif

Bigmac out!

------------------

All CM All the time!

I wonder if the Abandoned Rifle 44 "bug" is really a graphics card issue.

1. At the instant a unit dies, the program wants to load "abandoned (equipment)", scans the inventory of possible outcomes, determines a squad is not labeled "abandoned" and it goes away. Happens so fast, it is not normally noticeable.

2. What did it say directly after the explosion?

We have a snapshot here of the instant the last man dies on a slow performing video card. Perhaps it is just a labeling flash before the result is correctly labeled.

Or, it could be that I am dead wrong.

[This message has been edited by Wilhammer (edited 03-29-2001).]

Originally posted by Maximus:

I'm going to upgrade my whole computer soon and I think I'm going to go with the 64MB Geforce 2 GTX card.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-29-2001).]

Do it Chief!!! I got one put in my new computer and it is just incredible. The WIFE even enjoys coming in and watching a turn play out every now and then.

Hey Maximus,

Where can I go and look at DD Uniforms? I can DL them but are there some pics?

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Wilhammer, what you say may be true (as in, abandoned is a temporary state on the way to routed or something). But it's definitely not a graphics card issue. I'd like to know as well, is that Rifle 44 squad still abandoned? And what exactly does it mean? It looks like they still have their weapons since they still have an ammo count. Can you give it movement orders? Target orders? What?

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Originally posted by joeski:

Hey Maximus,

Where can I go and look at DD Uniforms? I can DL them but are there some pics?

True, but trust me. You don't need to look at them. They are spectacular. Totally redone and shadowed to look more realistic. If you want I can take a few screenshot of them and send them to ya.

Also, Magua has a British uniform mod that is even better than DD's.

Originally posted by Juardis:

... I'd like to know as well, is that Rifle 44 squad still abandoned? And what exactly does it mean? It looks like they still have their weapons since they still have an ammo count. Can you give it movement orders? Target orders? What?

Don't worry, it's not a bug...

When an Infantry unit is captured, it abandons all it's material. If it is released and by any chance again encounters the enemy, that is what will happen.

PS-Some times we have to use our head, it doesn't hurt... I think biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Tanaka (edited 03-29-2001).]

"Don't worry, it's not a bug...

When an Infantry unit is captured, it abandons all it's material. If it is released and by any chance again encounters the enemy, that is what will happen."

Saw it just the other day when my troopen crushed an American advance. Too cool.

Originally posted by Tanaka:

PS-Some times we have to use our head, it doesn't hurt... I think biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Tanaka (edited 03-29-2001).]

When captured, the info area at the bottom of the screen says that unit is caputured. When freed, it says the unit is unarmed. No where have I ever seen abandoned (except on guns or afvs). And if you're correct, then his screen shot would show 0 ammo, not 5, and the rifle grenade would be gone.

Since MadmaN said it was abondoned for only a half second, then I would say that this is not a bug, just wierd.

The US squad isnt whats Abandoned, its the german squad, you can kinda see his dead hand above one of my guys' rifle barrel. The US squad killed the german squad, completely eliminated it. Sorry for any confusion. I guess its just some weird random thing.

Like one time i had a StuH climbing up a small hill, but when it got to the top of the hill, it didnt angle downwards, it kept its angle as if it were still going up the hill. It almost looked like it was gonna flip over. But i only saw that once, didnt have any effect on gameplay, just a random crazy thing.

Originally posted by Juardis:

...And if you're correct, then his screen shot would show 0 ammo, not 5, and the rifle grenade would be gone...

LOL Hmm.. I think you totally missed that one smile.gif yet ... nice try biggrin.gif

MadmaN,

Ok... Lets take another approach to this... Next time you see a thing like that, Tanks wanting to flip over and ghost Infantries, save the file and send it to BTS.

Now the funny part... Don't read this MadmaN, unless you like a good smile.gif

-

-

-

-

-

Any one with UFOs and things like that seen in CM take a step forward, or be silent forever. Documented statements are appreciated, thanks in advance... biggrin.gif