Rubbles in CM2

I'm not talking about representation of rublles but about a possible new feature.

In CMBO when a building is destroyed, then you have rubbles. But you have rubbles only on the square of the building. What do you think of having, in the open ground tiles, random rubbles around the initial building ?

In CMBO you have no problem to cross a town which is rubbled or in flame with your vehicules but I think it was far more difficult in the real world.

I performed a search, but I found nothing( but I must admit I haven't read all the topics biggrin.gif)

So, basically what you're trying to say is that in CM2, instead of having a rubble tile, say, half the building would still be standing, and the other half would be rubble? Sounds good to me.Now that I've said that 100 000 people are going to come up with reasons why it can't be done. tongue.gif

------------------

Charlie don't Surf

shadow@jagdtiger.de

http://www.orbitonline.ca/~Shadow/index.html

Originally posted by Lordfluffers:

I think he's trying to say there should be a way of rubble spilling into the street etc, modelling the way collapsing buildings tend to fall outwards etc. Currently the streets remain completely clear even when several buildings have collapsed next to them.

NOW that is a Cool Idea

We have all seen pictures of war torn villages and streets and the rubble is ALL over the street.

SO yes in CM2 it would be VERY cool to see LARGE buildings spew debris and rubble into ajoining tiles. (complete with 3D models of the spewed rubble to impede vehicle movement and provide rubble cover for infantry)

NOW that would be cool eyecandy.

sure, great Idea!

Yes to more rubble and debris and spread it around all over when it blows up and falls down.

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 02-11-2001).]

Personally, I'd settle for some 2D representation of rubble spilled out in the streets... I have a feeling 3D rubble might be pushing the system specs a bit. A happy comprimise might be having minor 3D alterations around the buildings which represent rubble, similar to how craters are modeled in CM 1.

Overall though; a good point. (And idea)

Along the same lines, I'd like to see two different tree tiles. One pristine before an arty strike, another of denuded, devastated trees after the arty strike. I envision this like a building tile. The building has one set of LOS, concealment, and protection values when it is whole, quite another when it's turned to rubble. Same could be true of trees. And yes, trees could fall into the road running through the forest thereby acting as a roadblock where none existed before. One Engineer squad can then remove said roadblocks.

Mainly though, I want to see the devastated trees following an arty strike rather than the pristine trees we see now.

Just a thought.

------------------

Jeff Abbott