I'm in love, Frontovik is here!!!

http://www.wargamer.com/cm/cmworld

Well, am I the only one enjoying this great new mod? I'm having lots of fun with it. Big Pershings with big red stars covered in hordes of infantry. What could be better?

I've already been playing around, improving my 2 Prokhorovka scenarios. Maybe I'll even make it more balanced for pbem action. The scenarios I looked at so far were not to my liking. I'm not a fan of ASL and the scenarios were all small. They don't give me the feel of Russian hordes. So I'm also working on new scenarios that are Large or Huge.

I think the uparmored Sherman 75 and 76 make pretty good T-34 75s and 85s. I don't know for sure but the 76 with tungesten should be close to the penetration of the 85mm. And I'm using Pumas as PZ-IIIs.

The factory BMP is cool, but we need some run down wooden shacks or farms too.

I'm using Gunslinger subduded terrian with DD's trees and I think Tanksalot's roads. All give a great russian front feel to the game.

So far I got a Russian attack on mostly German infantry. A German spearhead attacking dug in AT guns and Infantry with red tanks as reinforcements. Both above 5000 points per side.

And I love the dark green paintjob on Churchill.

Thanks again guys, and what are the rest of you guys waiting for? CMBB? Get this mod.

Mr Johnson, glad to hear you like the mod. It was a long time in the making and certainly Dave Singer and bfamily33 deserve a great deal of the credit for getting the mods worked out.

The scenarios are in many ways intentionally small. I like the chess like feel of a small battle with the loss of one unit nearly making or breaking a battle.

But the large battles have their place and by all means when you get the battle done either post on the wargamer.com scenario site or maybe let me make it part of the next batch of scenarios.

I have sent you a map of a new Stalingrad cmb. I am converting Critical Hit's Valor of the 37th Guards scenario pack. You should have it by now. Let me know what you think. Now it is a map alone but it will serve as the basis for 9 battles all in Stalingrad.

MikeT

Now how cool is that. Cools not the right word but you understand what I mean. It's great! Some people are gifted with talent and imagination and that's what we have here. Thanks for the headups and for those responible a hardy and sincere thank you. I see many many enjoyable weeks ahead of me. Damn that's super cool!!!!!!!!! :eek:

For those who haven't checked it out, here's a few preview pics of the Frontovik mod:

kv-1_and_bt-5.jpg

rus_45_winter.jpg

finns_armed_and_ready.jpg

Mr. Johnson:

Glad you like it. You know, enduring Mike T's requests to create these mods was similiar to what the Germans went through with the Russian winters - They couldn't wait until it was over. :D

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: bfamily33 ]

Hey Mr. Johnson- I have a few non ASL scenarios in the pipeline-different sectors of Berlin, last days in the Stalingrad Kessel, the Kustrin Bridgehead, Seelow-mostly late war stuff. Desperate defence vs overwhelming odds so far. I am interested in making some Kharkov ops or scenarios soon. I am having to transpose a lot of these that I had already made due to some mishap or another, but I'm on it, and will send them along to the Frontovik contingent when done. By the way, where is the best place to send these now that it is up and running?