Captured T-34

Remember seeing somewhere a photo of the situation in reverse. A Panther A that's been put into Russian service. It's just weird seeing tanks in service of another country.

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

You can imagine the new unconfirmed spotting reports in CM2 already:

"What the..? T34?!" biggrin.gif

------------------

"He belongs to a race which has coloured the map red, and all he wants are the green fields of England..."

- Joe Illingworth, Yorkshire Post War Correspondent

Can you imagine what the other guy would think when he saw one of his country's tanks with the enemies marking on it. And I wonder how close that tank could get to the enemy before being noticed. Man, I bet there are some stories about that. Cool picutes.

Ya gotta love this site that the photos came from! Pressing on a bit I came accross this page: http://www.geipelnet.com/war_albums/otto/ow_19.html where the site says with straight face "Shocking pictures following one of the numerous attacks by the Soviets"

Clearly, the author is dismayed at the heartless, unprovoked Russian terrorist attacks upon innocent German tourists from Tyrol, who were after all only seeking a little fun in the sun. BAAAAD RUSSSSIANS!

Boy, it sure is interestin what you can run accross on the web...