Originally posted by mike8g:

Alla,

try this URL:

http://www.dfdr.net/downloads/DAK%20uniforms.ZIP

Marcus

1000 thank you's kind sir.. May a camel never fart at you ... wink.gif

------------------

"Alla Keefek" is a Brit soldier's corruption of an Arabic phrase. It

means "couldn't be bothered". A Firefly of the 4th County of London Yeomanry had it painted on the rear of the turret. This Firefly was knocked out by a Tiger from 501st SS.

http://www.geocities.com/alla_keefek/

Great news I got a new intro music done and working for DFDR. It replaces 00000170.wav which was the drum beat. So for those that have created a new directory for DFDR along with you new intro screen you have appropiate music. I will post it to the site shortly.

Next the background sounds.

MikeT

------------------

www.dfdr.net for desert mods

"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

- Motto of Possum Lodge

I sent you guys an email via your site about the interface/splash screen I have just done for this mod. I dont weant to release it till you guys ok it.

Clubfoot : Send your wife to the tent with all your other wivies. Dosnt she know that you lve in the desert now. wink.gif

------------------

means "couldn't be bothered". A Firefly of the 4th County of London Yeomanry had it painted on the rear of the turret. This Firefly was knocked out by a Tiger from 501st SS.

Will do Clubfoot. Another prob for you. The DAK uniforms 5017.bmp isnt a vaild bmp file. Its a jpeg..

------------------

Alla, I just checked the zip file I submitted and it seems OK. Strange. I tried to download it and it wouldn't let me. I will try again in the morning when my mind is fresh.

MikeT

------------------

www.dfdr.net for desert mods

"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

- Motto of Possum Lodge

WARNING!

It's just come to my attention that the Desert Rats camouflaged Shermans and Stuart mod is still packaged with the development/test batch files that may not work properly depending on which Marco Bergman and/or Gordon Molek mods you currently have installed. Please do not download and use this mod until I've had a chance to work this out with MikeT and Clubfoot.

Sorry for the confusion, I hope you all will be patient.

Gordon

Two things guys, I have rechecked the DAK uniforms and it seems I made a mistake when I converted them from jpegs to bmps. I also made some changes and additions which I have zipped into a file DAK Uniforms V2. I will be sending it in soon.

Gordon, man I must be tired I am fighting a twisted back problem but I should do better then this. I thought I had saved and sent in the most current file you sent me. To all I am sorry, my fault here.

Mike

DAK Uniforms is now active and MikeT's new image conversions are up. Hope these pics work out right. Thanks for the error submission we know that there will be bugs for the next few days, but we will stop on 'em as we see 'em.

[This message has been edited by Logan (edited 03-25-2001).]

Thanks for all the nice works. smile.gif But any ETA for the German vechicle skins? BTW, should we wait for the Commonwealth AFV mods too?

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Just got a bunch of new stuff from MikeT to post, but it's too late tonight. I will work on getting this new stuff, and all of the other posts available as soon as I can.

Also, be advised, the contact forms may, or may not be functioning properly, I have to do some MX work on the server before I am confident that these forms are working at 100%. Please use personal or direct emails until I post that these are tested golden.

THX

Logan

Just got a bunch of new stuff from MikeT to post, but it's too late tonight. I will work on getting this new stuff, and all of the other posts available as soon as I can.

Also, be advised, the contact forms may, or may not be functioning properly, I have to do some MX work on the server before I am confident that these forms are working at 100%. Please use personal or direct emails until I post that these are tested golden.

THX

Logan

Can't wait until the full complete mod is out.

One thing, whoever is doing your graphic designs (the DFDR logo, etc.) is excellent! They really capture the feel of desert warfare with the brown map in the background, pictures of Rommel and Monty, and so on. That's real professional work. I know that the actual mod is what you all have been working on, but I, like a lot of consumers, pay attention to packaging. And I just wanted to compliment you on your site graphics as well.

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

To the DFDR team:

Which of the scenarios is best suited for pbem play, and which are best suited for single player?

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Visit my AAR site:

home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

And my Panzer Elite site:

25th-pzrgt.de

Heinz,

Of the five scenario pack I made, PBEM is the way to go on all of them. You'll find play recommendations in briefings. I believe the best vs.AI play for them would be as follows:

Halfaya Pass redux - best played as Axis

South of Sidi Rezegh - best played as Allied

Interdiction - AI handles either side poorly

Out of Gas - best played as Allied

Stiff Resistance - best played as Axis

I'll admit all of these were heavily tested for PBEM play, however, and didn't receive a lot of SP vs. AI attention.

Grunt,

Thanx for the kind words. Logan has done all the web design for the site. I'm glad you like the little ol' logo as well. As any of the other modders can attest to, it's all in the tools (and just a little in the wrist).

------------------

Clubfoot.

melton1911@aol.com

Do it in the desert at www.dfdr.net

[This message has been edited by Clubfoot (edited 03-25-2001).]

I presume it is best not to download anything at this stage. I got the impression that some were playing the scenarios but when opened up there are no units or anything and the game locks.

Two other points re the posts that have been put up:

1) When you start the .exe option in the CD drive it only gives you repair, modify or uninstall options, not the option to install to a new directory. I presume you must be able to use explorer and just copy over.

2) I tried the complete copy of the CMBO folder option. It made a right pigs ear of my modmanager. I'd presumed it might be easier to have a complete install of modmanager in each file, to make life easier, but it doesn't seem to like that. It seems the one version (in DFDR) refused to looks elsewhere than CMBO Mods and when I got it do do so after some tinkering with it, it wouldn't go back. Perhaps I did it wrong. It took me bloody ages to sort out though. I would have thought, seeing as mod manager only relates to the folder it is installed in, that it would be quite easy to have two versions running in complete isolation, apparently not.

Those minor annoyances aside (which are of course nothing to do with DF - more like my incompetence with the working of modmanager), to say the whole concept is a masterpiece is a bit of an understatement. Well done and thanks a load for all the hard work.

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 03-25-2001).]

Apache,

Download away! There are two scenario sets available at the site currently. A set of blank scenario templates that are @$! tile conversions, and a five-pack of completed and tested scenarios. Make sure you grabbed the playable scenarios as well as the design aids.

If your using the Mod Manager, you shouldn't need another install. Just place the DFDR zip in the cmbo/mods directory and activate it inside the manager. You'll also have to manually copy the scenarios to your scenarios folder.

------------------

Clubfoot.

melton1911@aol.com

Do it in the desert at www.dfdr.net

Mike,

Could you e-mail the Rommell Icon to me along with the replacement DAK BMP's?

Thanks

Apache -

I'm playing the games now. There is a set of maps which have been submitted that purposely have no units on them but there are 5 scenarios and they work fine.