NEW DESERT FOX (Brit) UNIFORMS soon to be at DFDR site.

Gents,

I have just whipped up a new set of Brit uniforms for the DFDR TC mod. I based this set off of Magua's '44 Tommies, so I hope Magua will be OK with this as I did give him credit in my readme. ;) Basically all I did was to increase the brightness and contrast of the dark brown uniform ONLY by masking out the straps and equipment.

Sorry I don't have a pic to show right now, but hopefully Clubfoot or MikeT will get it up pretty soon. Oh, did I mention that I already fired it on over to them? smile.gif So look for it soon on their website.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Basically all I did was to increase the brightness and contrast of the dark brown uniform ONLY by masking out the straps and equipment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's all very well, BUT!...do they match the base!?? ;)

Maximus:

Fyi, you are also using my outdated, unhistorical (see that routed grip) Lee Enfield. A better version is available at Manx's place. Of course you'll have to tear that mod apart and find it as it's packaged for the ModManager and we all know what you think of the MM. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bfamily33:

Maximus:

Can you turn the sleeves up and give them some of Bermuda shorts? Maybe give their skin a real nice tan too. Am I obnoxious yet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I was thinking about extending the flesh color up the sleeve a bit, but with the way the 3D model is made it wouldn't look right.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

There should be buttons on the front of the KD jackets, also. Are these supposed to be denim KD jackets or Aertex bush shirts?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael, I have no idea what you're talking about. All I did was to "desert-ize" Magua's '44 Tommy uni. Now if you're referring to the uniforms at the DFDR site now, well umm, I thought they were way too bland. Just like English cooking, if you know what I mean. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Michael, I have no idea what you're talking about. All I did was to "desert-ize" Magua's '44 Tommy uni. Now if you're referring to the uniforms at the DFDR site now, well umm, I thought they were way too bland. Just like English cooking, if you know what I mean. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the curry!

My uniforms made it to the site? I keep looking, but can't find them. Worth another look, I guess.

I do like the colour of the web gear on your models. The beards just don't look right since most nations banned beards from combat soldiers (except British pioneers, German mountain troops, etc.) because, officially, it interfered with the fit of anti-gas equipment and the seal of the gas mask.

Like you cared!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Try the curry!

My uniforms made it to the site? I keep looking, but can't find them. Worth another look, I guess.

I do like the colour of the web gear on your models. The beards just don't look right since most nations banned beards from combat soldiers (except British pioneers, German mountain troops, etc.) because, officially, it interfered with the fit of anti-gas equipment and the seal of the gas mask.

Like you cared!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again you are confusing two mods with one. The face mods are something entirely different. Those have been on CMHQ since early last Fall. Go tell the author of that mod that his beards are banned. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if your uniforms are labeled as New British Uniforms with the zip file BritUniforms.zip then they are there. If not, then they haven't posted them yet.

However, I have finally found a way to tan out the textures. I have done a desert Universal Carrier and the Duece and a Half.

Yeah, yeah, don't roll your eyes at me missy! I realize you didn't do the faces, I'm just saying I hate 'em. Like you care about that, either! :D

Thanks for the tip, I did download the uniforms and they are indeed mine. They must have forgotten the credit.

Incidentally, I think I need a sig like Eurowarrior. I wonder what the largest graphic I could possibly use would be?

Micheal,

Sorry for the mix-up. I've contacted our webmaster and you'll be credited for your uniforms asap.

Maximus,

Most new content additions are on hold until after SuperTed's Sidewalk Sale is complete.

Then the alternate Brit uniforms will appear.

And, not trying to be confrontational, but please refrain from posting news items about the future content of the site. ;)