Just arrived...Tamiya TIGER cd-rom

And what a pleasent surprise was waiting for me when i got home tonight. Yep ...Absolute , Air , Land & Sea cd-rom covering the TIGER 1. I nearly had a nervo when i opened the box to find the cd staring at me.

First impression's are good , it covers a lot of topics , short unit histories , tank development , camoflage schemes, 17 colour prints , ammunition details, scale plans ,cutaways, combat footage , cool internal"virtual cam' 360º views of the turret and external views of the Samur Tiger , Bovington Tiger turret , weapons data, manuals , uniforms( only covers the WSS Pea's pattern frown.gif , eyewitness account of the gunner who shot up Wittman and several other Tigers in August 1944

Two things that caught my attention was

1. About 15 secs of film of M.Wittman in a Tiger in Normandy

2. A graphic animation of the several formations that the Tigers used for movement and battle drills.

All in all recommended for Big Cat fans.

Can't wait for their M4 Sherman and T-34 cds to arrive in stock.

Regards

Måkjager

ps i got it from

http://www.hannants.co.uk

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Måkjager:

First impression's are good ... eyewitness account of the gunner who shot up Wittman and several other Tigers in August 1944

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I'm envious! Looks like I'll have to come up with something else in order to make the non-UK minimum order ...

As for Wittmann's Tiger, I've seen accounts both ways about whether Wittmann's Tiger "007" was one of the three that Trooper Joe Ekins in his Firefly of the 1st Northamptonshire Yeomanry is credited with knocking out, or was one of the two other Tigers destroyed, with a rocket fired by a RAF Typhoon fighter-bomber. (There are also versions that Wittmann's Tiger was hit by British 5.5" artillery during the battle, or by Sherman Fireflys of the Canadian 4th Armored Division.)

I don't seem to be able to find it in their catalog, who is the manafacturer (of the CD ROM, not the tank) or do you have a part #? Thanks. Goofy

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

Goofy,

I figure out that if you go to Hannants site and search for "tiger" in the keyword and the manufacturer is "tamiya", you will get there.

Griffin.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goofy:

I don't seem to be able to find it in their catalog, who is the manafacturer (of the CD ROM, not the tank) or do you have a part #? Thanks. Goofy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Måkjager:

Goofy...look in the Tamiya section..it should be there....mb us the search feature stating -CD-ROM in the Tamiya section.

Ok Goof...rooted out the Part number for u .

TATIGER1 price £28.50 Sterling

Regards

Måkjager

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage