Silence on CM2 subject. Why ?

It seems that in every discussion regarding CM2 BTS doesn't take any part. Its like it is some kind of abstratcion, something we talk about from science fiction books. It would be nice to hear at least something, at least plans or thoughts of its creators. CM community is quite small and thus reasonable. No one is going to take BTS in court if they mention something and then not implement it smile.gif

I bet when CMBO was in development there was more news about it.

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: dima ]

Actually many titles are announced years before release. CM2 isn't officialy even announced !

This silence from BTS makes me wonder...

Unless, of course, the same happend with CM, but I wasn't here back then ;)

There is another regrettable reason for reticence. Now that CM has shown what can be done, and more importantly how the buying public will respond to it, it must be regarded as inevitable that other companies will attempt copycat versions, especially East Front versions. There is nothing to prevent representatives of those companies dropping in here trying to pick up tips on what BTS is up to next and trying to beat them to the market with a half-baked product that claims the same features.

I suppose BTS could simply ignore that threat and carry on as before in the certain knowledge that any copycats would be hurried, inferior products and that the market would quickly shake out the imitators. But that's BTS' call.

Michael

I honestly don't think BTS has to worry about competition.

Reason #1: They are the BEST.

Reason #2: CM (and CM2, I hope) is not for average beer sipping, "Survivor watching" average Joe. Corporations will never make anything even close to it. Unless you consider "Red Alert II" an immitation smile.gif

Hi Guys,

There is another reason that hasnt been mentioned yet...we are as busy as hell smile.gif I cant speak for the other guys but Id say they do the same as I, I read the forum a lot during the say, but dont have the time to answer questions as often as Id like. If I feel I can clarify a certain topic, I will, especially if its related to my area.

Currently I am getting through around 6-8 models a day. If I cut that back to say 4 models a day that is probably an extra month Ill end up adding to the development of the models alone. Considering we are aiming for a release late this year that isnt something we can afford smile.gif

Thankfully 9 times out of 10 some of the more seasoned members of our forum are able and good enough to keep the answers flowing for the new guys. Hopefully not too far away we will be able to start sharing info, etc on CM2, once things settle down a little.

Dan

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Quite frankly, I am looking forward to being pleasantly SURPRISED at what CM2 has to offer, and am sick of the constant begging for information. My sister used to whine to my parents about opening our Christmas presents early. I actually enjoy waiting til the proper time. Anticipation is half the fun.

Besides anyone who has been a programmer will tell you that setting a deadline is the worst thing you can do! HE! HE! If you want a complete and low bug count CM2 let them have whatever time it takes to get it done. Believe it or not most of us programmers are perfectionists. The bugs come when products are released before the programmers say they are ready.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dima:

I am a programmer myself (Java) that's why I ask. And I never asked about release date, only some plans or features. And preferably from the source, not speculations and rumours by everyone else.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was meant as a light-hearted comment about the software industry. Sorry if I put you out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Considering we are aiming for a release late this year that isnt something we can afford smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it has been answered before but I was not here for a long while (mea culpa), will CM2 run on Mac OSX ? I'd say yes but if anyone can confort me on this ! Many thanks to BTS and staff !!!!!