Bug!!! still not fixed

Hi All,

Have not posted in a long, long time. But still playing almost daily. Anyway, I of course have the latest patch, but still see a common bug in every game I play.

When my opponent's unit is firing 'area' or smoke, I can see where it is targeted. That is, if I click on his unit, its target line is shown with either "area target" or smoke a the end of it.

Does not really effect play too much - but surprised it still exists. Not good at the posting pictures 'thing' but could send a screenshot to anyone interested.

I guess my question is: Is BTS and everyone aware of this? Has it been fixed? Or, is it not that big of a deal?

I of course always play with full fog of war on (if that matters).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lieutenant Jeff,

Greetings and welcome home from AT and whatever else you've been up to. I've been waiting for you. Let's resume some PBEM.

How are the scouts these days?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TankDawg:

Hi Maximus,

Not sure, I guess. I always assumed the game was showing you what the unit could see - not necessarily that it was targeting a specific unit.

However, now that you mention it, I think you are right.

:eek:

(never mind)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff,

I never did like that explanation. Seems to me that the battlefield is so confusing, how could you determine on bit of kicked up dust and damage from another?

Otherwise, yes, it is a deliberate design decision for the opposition to have near perfect intel on area fires.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wilhammer:

Jeff,

I never did like that explanation. Seems to me that the battlefield is so confusing, how could you determine on bit of kicked up dust and damage from another?

Otherwise, yes, it is a deliberate design decision for the opposition to have near perfect intel on area fires.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason is that if a tank is shelling a hose or tract of land you should be able to determine that. Just as if it was targeting a unit of yours.

Jeff

I have seen this happen when I had not identified the unit. The fact that it had an "area target" order line from it and the fact that shells were landing around the target point allowed me to identify the unit as a mortar.

Not a big deal, but it could be even more catastrophic if it happened to be an artillery spotter.

--Philistine