Re-tweaked explosion mods

Been re-working the explosion mods I did earlier (they needed it) and they're almost done.

newblasts.jpg

sorry bout the crappy jpg resolution, just upgraded hypersnap. Here's a better one:

newblasts2.jpg

What's been done: enlarged the bmps and increased the ppi to 144; Re-worked the 3-d "effects"; re-added sparks & soot; soot and ash to the all-black bmps; overall effect is slightly increased explosion area, more inner explosion area, smoother transition between explosion stages, more sparks & soot but not overdone (had to redo sparks and soot anyway).

I'll send em to Madmatt's Combat HQ and see if he'll post them. I'll have reduce them to lo-res too.

-Tiger

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 01-27-2001).]

Been re-working the explosion mods I did earlier (they needed it) and they're almost done.

newblasts.jpg

sorry bout the crappy jpg resolution, just upgraded hypersnap. Here's a better one:

newblasts2.jpg

What's been done: enlarged the bmps and increased the ppi to 144; Re-worked the 3-d "effects"; re-added sparks & soot; soot and ash to the all-black bmps; overall effect is slightly increased explosion area, more inner explosion area, smoother transition between explosion stages, more sparks & soot but not overdone (had to redo sparks and soot anyway).

I'll send em to Madmatt's Combat HQ and see if he'll post them. I'll have reduce them to lo-res too.

-Tiger

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 01-27-2001).]

vehexp2.jpg

I think I've squashed the pink crud

Both shots are from the same vehicle (wespe) at different angles/sequence. I like the sparks at the lower left part of the explosion. The odd texture of the pic below is due to the expanding dome explosion part of the effect.

vehexp2a.jpg

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 01-29-2001).]

vehexp2.jpg

I think I've squashed the pink crud

Both shots are from the same vehicle (wespe) at different angles/sequence. I like the sparks at the lower left part of the explosion. The odd texture of the pic below is due to the expanding dome explosion part of the effect.

vehexp2a.jpg

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 01-29-2001).]

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

I've siad it once.... I'll say it again:

WOW

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army