CM2....how's it coming along.......?

You could do a CM 2 without the Finns. I am not saying they should, I am saying they could. It would just remove a single theater from the game.

You cannot do a credible job on CM2 without the Romanians. They were a significant portion of the German Army in the East. How could you reconstruct a Operation Uranus battle without Romanians?

Jeff Heidman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could do a CM 2 without the Finns. I am not saying they should, I am saying they could. It would just remove a single theater from the game.

You cannot do a credible job on CM2 without the Romanians. They were a significant portion of the German Army in the East. How could you reconstruct a Operation Uranus battle without Romanians?

Jeff Heidman

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Hey Jeff,

Yeah ur right, Finns are not needed...But if u start saying this kinda stuff too much BTS will feel obliged to leave them out...Which would be a shame! I want to shoot up BTs on skis with Molotov Cocktails!

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Hey Jeff,

Yeah ur right, Finns are not needed...But if u start saying this kinda stuff too much BTS will feel obliged to leave them out...Which would be a shame! I want to shoot up BTs on skis with Molotov Cocktails!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skott Karlsson:

My apologies for any misquotes or offence.

~Skott Karlsson~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries at all. I should have put a smile.gif at the end of my note. I was just trying to make a funny!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skott Karlsson:

My apologies for any misquotes or offence.

~Skott Karlsson~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries at all. I should have put a smile.gif at the end of my note. I was just trying to make a funny!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benny Manieri:

That's right Cat, big Italian army near Stalingrad. Specifically, if I recall correctly, the Italian 8th Army. I remember someone telling me on this forum, (who is a first generation Italian) That his granparents friends were worried about recieving news from the front, those who were in the Italian 8th Army<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was also detachment of Italian torpedo boats in Lake Ladoga (which arrived 22. of June in 1942). If I remember correctly their first success in combat was sinking of a russian gunboat in 15th of August that year.

-- MS. --

That's right Cat, big Italian army near Stalingrad. Specifically, if I recall correctly, the Italian 8th Army. I remember someone telling me on this forum, (who is a first generation Italian) That his granparents friends were worried about recieving news from the front, those who were in the Italian 8th Army<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was also detachment of Italian torpedo boats in Lake Ladoga (which arrived 22. of June in 1942). If I remember correctly their first success in combat was sinking of a russian gunboat in 15th of August that year.

-- MS. --

That's right Cat, big Italian army near Stalingrad. Specifically, if I recall correctly, the Italian 8th Army. I remember someone telling me on this forum, (who is a first generation Italian) That his grandparents friends were worried about receiving news from the front, those who were in the Italian 8th Army<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Zio(Uncle)in one of the motorized divisions that were sent to Russia as apart of the 8th Army.(I think about 270000 men by the end) He was in the 52 Torino Division. My Papa(Father) would have gone to Russia for he was in the same Div. but he was the eldest brother left, so he had to stay in Italy. My Uncle came back with frozen feet. The Italian Army made great advances with the Germans at the beginning of Barborosa making at times 250 miles a week and at one time held a the front for 500 miles. And not to forget that the Italians made that last Great Calvary Charge of the war and captured the Russians by surprise at the Isbuschenski steppe(Aug 24,1942) where about 600 Italian Calvary Men charged and ended in the destruction of 2 Soviet battalions, another battalion forced to withdraw and the netting of 500 POW's, 4 large artillery pieces, 10 Mortars, and 50 machine guns. They also held the Don River against a fierce Soviet counter attack prior to the charge where they lost 1700 but capture 1600 Russians, and still held the line near Serafimovich. And to note, the Italians were the last to retreat in their part of the front, after the Hungarians and the Romanians fled the Italians fought on, then had to retreat for fear of encirclement, yet they still left a rear guard of Alpini Troops whish put up a lot of resistance against the Russians. I hope there are Italians in CM2 or else it wouldn't be historically accurate~!

That's right Cat, big Italian army near Stalingrad. Specifically, if I recall correctly, the Italian 8th Army. I remember someone telling me on this forum, (who is a first generation Italian) That his grandparents friends were worried about receiving news from the front, those who were in the Italian 8th Army<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Zio(Uncle)in one of the motorized divisions that were sent to Russia as apart of the 8th Army.(I think about 270000 men by the end) He was in the 52 Torino Division. My Papa(Father) would have gone to Russia for he was in the same Div. but he was the eldest brother left, so he had to stay in Italy. My Uncle came back with frozen feet. The Italian Army made great advances with the Germans at the beginning of Barborosa making at times 250 miles a week and at one time held a the front for 500 miles. And not to forget that the Italians made that last Great Calvary Charge of the war and captured the Russians by surprise at the Isbuschenski steppe(Aug 24,1942) where about 600 Italian Calvary Men charged and ended in the destruction of 2 Soviet battalions, another battalion forced to withdraw and the netting of 500 POW's, 4 large artillery pieces, 10 Mortars, and 50 machine guns. They also held the Don River against a fierce Soviet counter attack prior to the charge where they lost 1700 but capture 1600 Russians, and still held the line near Serafimovich. And to note, the Italians were the last to retreat in their part of the front, after the Hungarians and the Romanians fled the Italians fought on, then had to retreat for fear of encirclement, yet they still left a rear guard of Alpini Troops whish put up a lot of resistance against the Russians. I hope there are Italians in CM2 or else it wouldn't be historically accurate~!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grisha:

Finland fought from its own frontline, and after 1941 quit all offensive operations, so I tend to look at them as a special case. The Continuation war was probably mostly an aerial affair until 1944 when the Soviets began offensive operations against Finland.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was only short patch of peace from 13th of March 1940 to 25th of June 1941. It ended when Russia launched several air raids into Finnish cities. The Continuation war wasn't that much of aerial affair (due the lack of planes in Finnish army I suppose smile.gif)

Though I did find some numbers about the subject, during The Continuation war Finnish army destroyed about 2700 enemy planes, 1600 were shot down rest were downed with Flak or destroyed on the ground. Own losses were 389 planes from which 86 was shot down. Rest destroyed by Flak or in the ground.

Also Finnish army was very much on the offence to as far as into 8th of December 1941 when Marshal Mannerheim and President Ryti decided not to continue attacking towards White Sea for a political reasons (US threatened to declare war). It was also political reasons that caused Finnish army to stop it's attack near Leningrad 7th of September.

-- MS. --

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grisha:

Finland fought from its own frontline, and after 1941 quit all offensive operations, so I tend to look at them as a special case. The Continuation war was probably mostly an aerial affair until 1944 when the Soviets began offensive operations against Finland.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was only short patch of peace from 13th of March 1940 to 25th of June 1941. It ended when Russia launched several air raids into Finnish cities. The Continuation war wasn't that much of aerial affair (due the lack of planes in Finnish army I suppose smile.gif)

Though I did find some numbers about the subject, during The Continuation war Finnish army destroyed about 2700 enemy planes, 1600 were shot down rest were downed with Flak or destroyed on the ground. Own losses were 389 planes from which 86 was shot down. Rest destroyed by Flak or in the ground.

Also Finnish army was very much on the offence to as far as into 8th of December 1941 when Marshal Mannerheim and President Ryti decided not to continue attacking towards White Sea for a political reasons (US threatened to declare war). It was also political reasons that caused Finnish army to stop it's attack near Leningrad 7th of September.

-- MS. --