Washington Area CM Meeting on Friday

Lawyer

Players and Gits of the CM armies: Today, we embark upon a holy mission that will determine whether we can defend our way of life, even though it be dissolute. Our army will invade Grevey's in Falls Church at 18:30 hours with all guns blazing. Prisoners will not be taken.

Today is B-Day. Be there or be square.

Gen. Jake

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElGuapo:

I'm looking forward to this little gathering of self-righteous CM bastards. If this goes well, we should all go up to Aberdeen some day and visit the tank park.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ElGuapo, you might not be a bad guy after all...

I've been eyeballing a trip up to peruse the heavy metal all summer...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

I've been eyeballing a trip up to peruse the heavy metal all summer...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Cathedral" and I went up there several months ago and it was one of the most impressive WWII related things I have ever seen. You would not believe what they have up there. If you can name it on either side, they probably have it. Everything from arty, towed guns, tanks, AT guns, small arms, machine guns, AT squad weapons, munitions, ammunition, SPA, HTs, EVERYTHING! Just take the selection list from a CM QB menu, print it out, and check it off.

Another great thing is that they have tons of Russian stuff (which I am not all that familiar with yet), so when CMBB comes out, I can discover it all over again. Looking at some of the marks from rounds that bounced off the front 250 mm armor of the JadgTiger, running your fingers over the armor, looking through the hole made by a AP or Tungsten round that went completely through a Marder II in person up there is just incredible.

Anyway, I think Cath and I will both be there tonight. See you there!

(Not sure if I am bringing my laptop, but I think at this point not).

Guap

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JessRobinson:

Getting ready to deploy soon - look forward to seeing you guys there!

Jake, do we have an estimated head count?

Jess<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I expect about 10, maybe more. It's hard to count lurkers, and this event has drawn a few out. It's amazing what a free beer and the chance to hang out with fellow CM players will do.

Everyone is welcome, whether they have responded here or not.

Fortunately, there is a cash machine at Grevey's.

See you there,

Jake

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Lawyer ]