Diminishing Returns

Given: Battlefront has created an incredible gaming system that has entralled me to the point of addiction over the past three years.

Problem: The N.Africa and Italian Theater seems like BO lite, especially compared to East Front.

Situation: No motivation to design for AK.

Secret Wish: BB was created last. The Russian Front was the decisive theatre in WWII - hell, it may have been the most decisive war in history. I wish all the new features in AK (those dust trails are most excellent) were used in BB.

I hate to say it, but AK "feels"...less, somehow, like being hit with a 20 mm shell after being hammered with an 88.

Does this make any sense?

The real question: Is this the beginning of the end for the CM craze? Or just for me?

Flame away...

Sincerely, Mike

I have not played CMBB. Only CMBO and now CMAK.

I do prefer the basics of CMBO to CMAK. North African terrain is not "fun" for me for battles. Italy is okay.

Partly I want to play the U.S. winning battles. They did that more in France then in North Africa and Italy. Everything in Italy seems to be U.S. assaults.

I wish CMBO were the last game. CMAK certainly has improved commands and such that make it a superior system to CMBO.

I've played CMBB only and I agree Spookster. The Eastern Front was the 'big show' and Africa/Med. was like a side show that didn't matter. The hardware in the East was cutting edge and rapidly developing on both sides which interests me, as well as the varying terrain and weather conditions.

I just hope interest in CMBB doesn't wane!

I think I actually prefer CMAK to BB. There may be less extremely powerful units than in the last game but i don't think it makes it any less fun.

One of the reasons I like CMAK more is that one of my fathers friends who died recently was the intelligence officer of the 5th Seaforth Highlanders,( Part of the Highland Division,) and wrote a book called 'Battalion,' about the fighting he was involved in. The game will give me a chance to recreate some of the battles out of it.

On top of this i think there is something about commanding British troops that I like more than eastern front stuff. Believe me, there are a LOT of interesting battles that can be recreated.