The Engineer Battle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bobbaro:

Weapon rarity might be better handled with fuzzy logic rather than buy points except in designer scenarios. One might REQUEST rather than buy certain types of weapons or units and the game engine handle whether they are available. Whether this thought might have wider application or indeed have any - - -<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I understand you correctly, I think I like this.

smile.gif

Michael

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about if the bunkers where bought with no troops inside, you just bought the bunker. The bunker would have something similar to the "transport class" rating which would indicate how many troops you could place in the bunker. You could then move troops in and out of the bunkers as you saw fit, just as a regual building. This could of course not the enemy do unless the bunker was empty.

You could also place guns inside the bunker, but that had to be done in the deployment phase, and you could not remove it afterwards.

This would make the use of the bunker a lot more dynamic than the bunkers we have today.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

This is exactly right. BTS is looking at rarity in a similar fashion to ASL (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone). But if all your vehicles are rated say 1-6, and the game decides that for this mission you only get to buy vehicles of rarity 1 through 3, that is all you get.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas, 'tis not so. I argued with Steve in favor of such a system, but BTS is doing someting different. Availability will not be effected by rarity in CM2; point cost will be. So if Tigers are available in Nov. '42 they will always show up in the purchase screen, but they may cost 2000 pts each.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bobbaro:

Weapon rarity might be better handled with fuzzy logic rather than buy points except in designer scenarios. One might REQUEST rather than buy certain types of weapons or units and the game engine handle whether they are available. Whether this thought might have wider application or indeed have any - - -<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, very good. If this is then combined with the type of scenario, after more types have been created (e.g. Crocodiles only for assaults, mine-rollers/Crabs/Scorpions only for breach), it would be a very realistic system.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Yep, very good. If this is then combined with the type of scenario, after more types have been created (e.g. Crocodiles only for assaults, mine-rollers/Crabs/Scorpions only for breach), it would be a very realistic system.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why should mine clearing tanks only be available for breach battles? Seems to me they could be useful in assaults as well, as I am assuming that an assault, in this context, means an attack against a prepared defense. Just wondering.

Michael

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Why should mine clearing tanks only be available for breach battles? Seems to me they could be useful in assaults as well, as I am assuming that an assault, in this context, means an attack against a prepared defense. Just wondering.

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think when I say breach, I mean assault in your terms. Assault to me (coloured by 79th AD) is a more deliberate attack. But you are right, should be available there too.