Four simple requests for the CM2 scenario editor

Ok, obviously some of this has been suggested before but I just wanted to re-check, re-mind and maybe elicit a response in how far this is being actually considered. Neither of these suggestions are too far fetched or un-implementable, methinks.

1)copy/paste in mapmaker

2)ability to place shellholes/craters OR artillery tool (let artillery rain on the map )

3)simple text editor to edit the scenario briefings from inside the scenario editor

4)give option in settings to give each side a certain amount of points from which they can buy (additional) forces from a force pool preselected by the scenario designer

Add the ability to place immobilised or gun damaged vehicles on the map. Sure, you can get around this by putting them in rough and giving them 0 ammo, but the real way would be better.

Also, it's an incredibly minor bug, but on Macs, the map builder says "Control-click to set landmark." However, at least for me, it's an option-click.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

reprinted from myself

<big>How to Increase Map to the South and West in CMBO Scenario Editor</big>

On the width and height buttons, hold SHIFT and click the height and width buttons to increase/decrease map to the south and west.

stuff that would be nice:

o be able to adjust terrain height, while previewing it

o edit unit status, name, ammo, etc in preview mode

o allow units to be set as destroyed or immobilized before a battle(i get the same effect by putting a vehicle down first, then setting a rubble tile over it...)

o allow squads to have wounded men before a battle

o allow user to set damage to buildings

o have a grid reference you could turn on/off so you can find the dang spot again after previewing...

new ideas:

o drag select units in preview mode and edit them

other suggestions from below/other posts that i like:

o join two maps

o copy, paste, cut map portions

o copy, paste units

o when shifting the map to the south and west, keep units on the same terrain, not same tiles(i mean when i increase to the west, the map is pushed 5 tiles over, but my units remain where they are)

o save map separate from scenario

o save a quick battle as a map

o have a nice thick red line around the map border so you can tell if you have any more map to edit beyond that square you can see

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Be able to delete units in preview mode. Sometimes I buy too mnay minefields or barbed wire, or I am trying to create an armored infantry force and buy too many half tracks. I need to delete the extra items but after having deployed the ones I want, I can't easily figure out which ones to delete from the unit purchase list.