New Marco Hires Shermans: textures wrong or Mac problem?

Installed with MCM3 v1.5 on a G3 Mac:

sherman.jpg

This is a standard US M4 Sherman. I have reinstalled a couple of times and it still looks weird.

What's going wrong? Tiger's hi-res weathered Shermans looked fine (I'll go back to those till this prob is fixed).

I've looked at each bmp texture individually and they all look good, CM has plenty of memory allocated.

The mod files ARE OK. You're getting the track texture mapped across the hull side, which if I remember rightly someone here said was what happened when the Mac's graphics memory got overloaded. You are talking a substancial increase in file sizes with the HR plainpack. Looking at the resolution of the screendump, I'd say that maybe the LR plainpack would solve your problems without too much image degradation.

I'll try to finish that tonight and will send you a copy.

I have run into the problem with the Graphic resources getting too big. What happens tho is different than here. And at this point really is only an issue w/ Graphic 13 , the winter mods. Then it won't install the mod bmp and you get partial installs, and the summer textures show with the winter ones intermixed.

However, I have had this problem, wrong texture in wrong place when I installed without first quitting CM.

I have a iMac DVD, and I already had a bunch of HiRes mods installed. I put in the new Plainpack (much appreciated btw) and have had no trouble or mixing up of textures.

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 02-26-2001).]

That happens if the textures are the wrong size. I messed around with my sexton mod, and when i made it too small, that's what happened. but that doesn't explain your problem, because they work fine for me

------------------

If the words "f**k" and "frontal" were removed from the vocabulary, the Canadian Army would be left both speechless, and unable to attack...

-Michael Dorosh

shadow@jagdtiger.de

Canada For CM

I AM CANADIAN!

it looks like the size of the mods are off, causing them to be stretched over the skin..

if you are using MCM3, or even a graphics program, check to see that the dimensions of the texture are scaled properly, either 1:1 or 2:1 most likely (pixel width and height)

I ran across this with a few mods early on, where the size was off and it created some funky textures.

most odd. Let us know if you figure it out..

best

dave

------------------

History is made at night

[This message has been edited by aikidorat (edited 02-27-2001).]

Looks like another reason to quite stuffing the pockets of Steve Jobs. (Translation: Buy a PC.)

For those that worship Macs, if this is what you have to deal with, I feel sorry for you. Can't even run hi-res graphics. Now which is a better gaming platform?

PS. Hoosier Daddy!

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

Originally posted by Maximus:

Looks like another reason to quite stuffing the pockets of Steve Jobs. (Translation: Buy a PC.)

For those that worship Macs, if this is what you have to deal with, I feel sorry for you. Can't even run hi-res graphics. Now which is a better gaming platform?

PS. Hoosier Daddy!

Yes Maximess, PCs are better than Macs for games because of a minor graphics glitch affecting one mod of one vehicle in one game... rolleyes.gif

P.S. if you want an out and out gaming platform then a Playstation 2 is a good bet.

P.P.S. Combat Mission was made with a PC, right??

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust33:

So would anybody kindly explain how to get rid of this. I've got lots of books on WWII and I cant find a picture where an M4 sherman has tank treads instead of green armour. Thats pretty gamey.

Yes, I've never heard of texture overload before. Maybe there is a set limit to each Graphics set and the addition of the Marco mods has exceeded that.