Smiley face icon on posts

Ok, I know I should read up or research or whatever but I haven't a clue where you do any of these things so I'll just post here hoping not to upset anyone. How do you create or put a smiley face on your questions/answers. I don't see an option anywhere and would like to use these icons. It really helps a person express his feelings which I think is important when talking on a forum. Can anybody answer. Thanking you in advance.

Look Directly under the pl in Reply at the top of the this page

in small letters there is a FAQ there

that means Frequently asked questions like the Frequently Asked Question you just asked...

Smiles are described Better in the Faq:

here is the link

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/faq.html

and

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/smilies.html

Smilies

You've probably seen others use smilies before in email messages or other bulletin board posts. Smilies are keyboard characters used to convey an emotion, such as a smile smile.gif or a frown frown.gif. This bulletin board automatically converts certain smilies to a graphical representation. For example, if you type redface.gif in your BB post, it will automatically be converted to - a shameful face. The following smilies are currently supported:

smile.gif smile

frown.gif frown

redface.gif embarrassment

biggrin.gif big grin

wink.gif wink

Using HTML and/or UBB Code

You may be able to use HTML and/or UBB Code in your posts, if your administrators and moderators have those options turned on for each forum. Some forums may have either HTML or UBB Code turned off, or both turned off. Only your bulletin board's leaders can set this. Every time you post a new note, you will be told whether UBB Code and/or HTML is enabled for that particular forum. If HTML is on, you may use any HTML tags, but please be very careful that you use proper HTML syntax. If you do not, your moderator or administrator may have to edit your post. UBB Code is similar to HTML, but offers just a few basic functions, such as hyperlinking, image display, bolding and italicizing. A complete list of current UBB Codes are listed here.

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 03-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 03-25-2001).]

Don't worry, it took a while for me to work them out too biggrin.gif

Click on post reply, then on the left hand side you'll see a "smilies legend" link. Click on it and a window will open up with all the keystrokes needed. Enjoy wink.gif

Must have posted mine a couple of seconds too late ...... never mind, the post above was a far more complete desciption than mine.

[This message has been edited by Viceroy (edited 03-25-2001).]

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Damn, here they are! I wondered what happened to my squad of rolling eyes.

OK, not to jump all over you lcm1947, but when you post, there are two active links to the left of the text box.

One says, *UBB Code is ON and the other one says Smilies Legend.

Use the *UBB code is ON link to learn how to do bold, italics, and alot of other neat stuff like on how to do

quotes from other posts

The Smiles Legend will show you all of the character combinations that translate to graphics.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Ok, I know I should read up or research or whatever but I haven't a clue where you do any of these things so I'll just post here hoping not to upset anyone. How do you create or put a smiley face on your questions/answers. I don't see an option anywhere and would like to use these icons. It really helps a person express his feelings which I think is important when talking on a forum. Can anybody answer. Thanking you in advance.

Sir, drop into the Peng thread and say hello sometime and post a couple of smiley's with the hello smile.gifwink.gifsmile.gifIt would be nice to see you.

Originally posted by Abbott:

Sir, drop into the Peng thread and say hello sometime and post a couple of smiley's with the hello smile.gifwink.gifsmile.gifIt would be nice to see you.

-----

Never use smilies. It is a sign of weakness.

Peng

-----

Argh, a clandestine attempt foiled by Peng.

[This message has been edited by Abbott (edited 03-26-2001).]