What Ww2 tank is in this photo?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparky9292:

What type of tank is this? And who is this woman, and what is she attempting to do to the tank?

StGTanja.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:mad: :eek: :Dredface.gif :cool: :rolleyes:

Just testing the insta quote and insta smiley feature....nice!

Hi Sparky ,

the tank is a Sturmgeschuetz. Concerning the girl. Don´t get fooled: there is no " girl " at the skirts , but a special secret experimental virtual 3D cammouflage that ther Germans invented in 1945.

Regards

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sturmgeschutz III, with later Saukopf mantlet for the gun. You can tell its a III by the number of roadwheels (6), the shape of the roadwheels, the shape of the drive sprocket and I believe IIIs had the last piece of add on armor (schurtzen) stepped down, thats about all I have to say about that.

[ 04-08-2001: Message edited by: kmead ]

Its a StuG III G all right. It has the deflector in front of the commanders cupola and a "Saukopf-blende" suggesting a production date after November 1943. The lack of a coax MG puts the production data before October 1944.

The location of the photo appears to be WTS in Koblenz as you can just make out the fender of the 4,7cm PaK(t) auf PzKpfw I on the right.

:cool: Claus B

Tom,

Wasn't camo used to make the object being camoed appear as nothing out of the ordinary? If I saw a reasonably pretty girl standing in the middle of a field, my first course of action would be to approach her! So indeed, this was no camo device, but a cunning German trap to lure unsuspecting and horny Americans to their bullet-riddled doom!

Now if only someone was to mod this into CM... ;)

[ 04-08-2001: Message edited by: The Commissar ]