Humber Bow MG Question

Some QB's ago, one of my Humbers, which was unbuttoned at the time, took a crew casualty

and became shocked. When it became unshocked, I couldn't get it to target the MG anymore. The vehicle data says that the MG is a "bow MG." If so, why would a crew casualty, presumably to the commander, stop the use of the bow MG while buttoned? Is the placard in error? Is the MG really a roof mount? Could use some grog input, please.

Regards,

John Kettler

Good question. 3 man crew = 1 x driver, 1 x bow machine gunner, 1 x commander. If the commander gets his head shot off whilst unbuttoned the gunner should still be able to fire the MG. The only reason I can think of why this wouldnt be is if the bow gunner jumped into the commander's station. But if he did this you should be able to unbutton the afv after 1 crewman is killed but not use the bow MG.

Possable VERY minor bug that could be looked at for CM2 light afvs.

You are right... In cm 1 crew hit means perm buttoning for all afvs. This obviously means that no1 steps into the commander's postion, or you would in fact be able to unbutton agian (after a short delay). Thus the Humber should be able to use its hull mounted MG after losing the commander as the commander has nothing to do with firing the MG.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

You are right... In cm 1 crew hit means perm buttoning for all afvs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, this is not true.

From the CM readme file under 1.1 changes:

* M3A1 Halftrack, M3A1 Scout Car, and M5A1 Halftrack are not forced to remain

buttoned up after suffering only one crew casualty.

However, Humbers are not mentioned.