Offtopic - Danish CM netcon next weekend

We are a bunch of Danish CM gamers (Some of us has been playing since May 2000) gathering up for a net contest this forthcoming weekend. If you are in the neighbourhood (Sweedish players aswell) please feel free to join us. Session will be kept 20 miles north of Copenhagen.

Sorry for the interruption - keep up the good spirit.

Malm

Next time you do this, let me know ahead of time. No, I will not fly over there to play...but would make a couple of scenarios for you. Double blind new scenarios would be a treat...the ones I am working on now are huge, but if you want them I can send.

Rune

Originally posted by Malmvig:

We are a bunch of Danish CM gamers (Some of us has been playing since May 2000) gathering up for a net contest this forthcoming weekend. If you are in the neighbourhood (Sweedish players aswell) please feel free to join us. Session will be kept 20 miles north of Copenhagen.

Malm

Excellent Idea.

I noticed some time ago a post for games down London way.

Is there anyone who has access to the computers prepared to do something similar?

I would love to meet some of the guys playing this game and have a nice social weekend / competition.

I would help organise it if there was enough interest in the UK. Just need to persuade a company with the network and PC's that it would be a good thing to do.

Any other like minded people out there?

Sorry to Hijack the thread but it is a fantastic idea and I wanted to see if anyone else is doing anything similar?

H

Originally posted by Malmvig:

Malm

damn damn damn, I have to work this weekend at a netcafe even, but it isnt so much fun to participate over the net *snif*, but let see in the future..perhaps u could come visit us at the netcafe malmvig, we r about 3-4 players now

Be cool

Jev The Jut

www.pc-cafe.com

Thank you for all your kind replies.

The purpose of this forthcomming weekend is to try CM tcpip on LAN and for us to meet some of our new friends whom we only know from pbems.

The initial steps for this meeting took place only a month ago with the overall objective to keep it simple and in a tight community. As time went by we got space for a few more players which initiated this probe.

Thereby my sincerely apology for giveing the impression that this is a national net meeting.

As stated - this session is kept in a small community but if we find that CM function well as a LAN game we might consider trying this out in a bigger scale.

From my perspective, the bad news is that a quick survey counted lesser than 20 active danish players. This statement is based on the count of Danish members active on this forum and by the count of Danish players enlisted on the tournament websites. However, the idear of joining a CM Netcon together with SB and the forthcomming Flashpoint into a big WarCon is not far away and if a joint event with Sweeden and Germany could be establish the fundament of a big scale NetCon is taking shape. My intension is to make a travel to Germany this spring and to join up with some of my CM friends there for the purpose of setting up a network dealing with this matter.

Kind regards

Henrik Malmvig

[This message has been edited by Malmvig (edited 04-04-2001).]