Sunglasses Mod request

Actually, you can change the faces, and there are some good mods out there. But faces are chosen randomly from a pool of eight or so, and you couldn't restrict the shades to just your tankers.

Actually, I believe that there's a special "elderly" face just for the Volksturm, which is the only exception to the "random" rule.

So if you wanted old fogies with sunglasses, you could have it I guess. :eek: :cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bog:

Actually, I believe that there's a special "elderly" face just for the Volksturm, which is the only exception to the "random" rule.

So if you wanted old fogies with sunglasses, you could have it I guess. :eek: :cool:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would look funny!

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Yeah and do the American's drinking a coke. Just kidding. Cool idea but bet it's hard-coded (faces) where you can't.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lcm1947, are you sure you've been playing the same game the rest of us have?

With a member number of 2981, you sure aren't up-to-date with the modding possibilites. ;)tongue.gif

To clarify, ANTHING with a detailed texture can be modded. Things like 'zooks, 'schrecks, grenades, bullets, berets, pistols, mortars, etc with a mono-colored polygon are hard-coded.

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

easy there maxipad, after all you could be considered quite a "newbie", too.

Mr Johnson and lcm1947, yes that would be possible, in fact one of the first things I did was just that, give the soldiers a Miami Vice look. I took some screenshots with that (I planned to use them in a signature) but I can't find them right now.

The sunglasses joke gets stale after a while though and you will be reverting back to regular IMHO.

you can open all the game's bitmaps in any graphics program (paintbrush suffices for your sunglasses) and paint the sunglasses onto the faces. Have fun.