Hello (there s a question somewhere in here)

Hello, this is my first post in the CM U.B.B.

I haven't gotten the game yet (due to my parents lack of a credit card)

I can already say the game looks spectacular and also with the Hi-res mods cann eben look better :D

--Anyways, I was wonder about the King Tiger tanks;is there a difference between the Porsche and Henschel (normal) turreted versions, besides the look? (Which looks better, in your opinion? I'd say the Porsche ver.)

C/n out

Most tanks turrets are angled in such a way that any AP shot striking it will deflect away rather than penetrate. However, some tanks have a flaw in their turret design which, when hit by an AP shot at a certain angle, will actually causes the AP shot to deflect downward into the hull, pentrating the thinner top armor of the hull.

Crash,

Think about it in these simple terms. Picture a human face as a tank turret, with the nose being the mantlet/cannon. If someone throws a crumpled up piece of newspaper at that person's nose from below, it will hit the underside of the nose and deflect into the area of the person's mouth. Similarly, if a cannon shell hits the underside of some tank's mantlet, the shots deflect downwards into the hull of the tank, often killing the driver/bow gunner, etc. Sorry about the dopey analogy, but I thought it would be easy to visualize, and had too much wine with dinner.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrapGame:

Crash,

Think about it in these simple terms. Picture a human face as a tank turret, with the nose being the mantlet/cannon. If someone throws a crumpled up piece of newspaper at that person's nose from below, it will hit the underside of the nose and deflect into the area of the person's mouth. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the grog style answer to the shot trap question? ;)

regards

Jim R.