OT: Books on tanks

I just picked up

Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two

Cost all of $15 and it's BIG! Got it at Amazon. It's basic info, nothing fancy. Just basic nuts and bolts. For the price you can't beat it.

There are several threads on this topic already. Do a search in the subject field with the keywords -

"books tanks"

Cheers!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

I just picked up

Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two

Cost all of $15 and it's BIG! Got it at Amazon. It's basic info, nothing fancy. Just basic nuts and bolts. For the price you can't beat it.

There are several threads on this topic already. Do a search in the subject field with the keywords -

"books tanks"

Cheers!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks Pheonix. I just ordered it too. Its precisely what I've been looking for.

Amazon.com is magical, no?

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Osprey makes books on Tanks. They go for about 13 dollars each. They have nice information and pictures and are in alot of people's budget. Schiffer publishing has many tank books as well as books on many other WW2 vehicles and infantry units for around 10 dollars each, but of course there are more expensive ones.

Guest Warphead-

I recommend the two Chamberlain books too. I hope he does a book about Russian tanks. The newest I got on this topic is "Russian Tanks and Armoured Vehicles 1917-1945" from Wolfgang Fleischer.

------------------

http://www.nahverteidigungswaffe.de

"Haben die Krupp-Werke Betriebsausflug? Da rollt ja halb Deutschland auf mich zu..." (Vincent)]