****New At The Scenario Depot****

Bigdog

Admiral Keth has added a great new feature in the Scenario Talk section of the Scenario Depot. He has added an Opponent Finder Forum.

The Forum is for locating opponents for Scenario Play you can list the scenario you’re interested in and people may respond and even check out the scenario here before commenting to play.

As long time Rugged Defense Member I have noticed a lack of interest in playing Scenarios vs playing QBs (for me QBs are dead) I do understand people being concerned about there ranking. There's nothing worse than loosing on very unbalanced battle when you’re ranking is concerned. I know there is a need to build the player pool to keep CM fresh for all of us. Scenario PBEMing is the best way to play CM IMHO.

So all of you scenario junkies get over there and list those battles you have been dying to play.

It's the same on the tournemanthouse.com ladder. Low interest in PBEM, low interest in scenarios. I agree to your conclusion that the scenario aversion is from people who don't want to loose from an unbalanced scenario and/or don't want to be forced to operate units they know are not competive and/or overpriced. I nearly joined the rugged defense ladder to play such games, but apparently it isn't much better over there.

It seems to make sense to have an opponent finder and maybe a ladder in a scenario archive, obviously most people interested in scenario PBEM will stop by the scenario depot one time or another.

What I really like are the games (duels?) where the same scenario is started two times, and the reported results are not the two from the outcomes, but two times the average outcome. I really like unbalanced games! But I still want to know how good or bad I am.

Another idea might be to count only flags for victory points, not damage points, as quite some unit's value is odd. That's bad enough when buying, but is worse if you get damage points no end from quite useless unit

If scenario inserted an unoccupiable flag, we could even make our own damage point system instead.

BTW, anyone interested in double-games as outlined, please mail me at redwolf@cons.org.

Martin

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: redwolf ]