Tank Man, Horseman of the Padlock Apocalypse

I recently played a hotseat QB and I was wondering how many other people play hotseat games and how long does it take at various point values.

If you would please post quickly I would like to hear what you have to say before this topic gets locked.

Are you implying that your earlier posts where, oh lets see, you:

*...Attacked someone that couldn't defend himself in public...

* Then reopened another thread with a similar theme about gamey styles of play...

* and then posted a public appology in regards to your original thread...

DIDN'T need to get locked up?

Hmmm...Interesting...And here I thought this Forum was supposed to be about Combat Mission and not personal agendas....

Madmatt

MadMatt, in no way am I saying that the posts should not have been locked. What you choose to do with your powers as board admin is entirely up to you.

I was merely commenting on the fact that where I tred the padlocks seem close behind.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tank Man:

[QB]I recently played a hotseat QB and I was wondering how many other people play hotseat games and how long does it take at various point values.

QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... I've only done hotseat a couple of times (to demo the game to a friend, who subsequently got his own copy... now it's PBEM only.) I think Sunken Lane took us a couple of hours (rainy afternoon ironically enough), but my friend is a bit of a micro manager with his troops... I'm more of a point and click commando who let's the tacAI do as much of the work as possible.

;)

What a great idea, a Combat Mission movie

site!. Last week when playing one of my freinds, me axis, snow, nightime attack,Yeah

not good I know. But he had a jeep that raced

past 3 of my stugs, gun ( .50 ) a blazin and

attacked. Killed 3 out of 6 mountian units

and paniced or routed the others. Also lived

another minute to shoot at the run aways :eek: . We talked and thought there

should be someplace to upload the crazy scenes in a little video. Kinda like a Hereo's Corner with vid's. Bloober's would be

fun to see too.

Cheerz!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Micheal Wittman:

OOps,...

tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played a scenario with my dad hotseat after he got a new dell. 1 gig processor, 256 megs of ram...

the turns processed in seconds. he, on the other hand too, about 30 minutes to do his orders for each turn. I read every Asterix book I had, sitting on the couch waiting for him to get done.

And I have to say that if you are very very serious about FOW, you need a pair of headphones.

Cause each player gets to watch the movie from his sides point of view. So if you are sitting nearby, you can hear him when he moves troops into position or moves his armor around.

My dad was sneaking his tanks into position, and I knew they were coming long before I should have cause I heard that distinctive clanking sound the Tigers make as he watched the movie.

Also the noises that unsuppressed fresh troops make when they are rushing up to the front lines are different, I think...