WineCape's Wine Tourney II

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike8g:

BTW, has anybody heard a word from Chuckle ?

His last response was from July, 12th.

Regards

Marcus

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been wondering about him too. He did post this on July 20th:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Chuckle said:

Hi Guys, my apologies for being awol... i am currently away from home with my laptop - you'll be glad to know i did have CM installed and all your email addys etc installed on "the little bastard" - which then duly died on my first day away. I am going to be away for another two weeks or so during which time it is unlikely i'll be online (but you never know, it's possible i'll be able to get "the little bastard" fixed). I'll be sure to send turns the moment im back online.

-ben. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so perhaps we can expect him back any day now.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Just checked, it is definitely a Netscape issue.

The critical difference seems to be the space inside the links:

IE uses "%20" for the link, while Netscape uses a space " ". Obviously the server does make a difference between them.

Copying the correct link with "%20" into a Netscape browser window works too.

Marcus

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: mike8g ]

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody is still alive out there I need to remind you that ALL games need to be started by September 15th. On that day I will determine who has been the cause of any unstarted games and they will be dropped from the tournament and all players' scores adjusted as if the dropped people had never started. Players should keep email showing attempts to get games started by September 15th. BTW, all games must be COMPLETED by November 1st.

Treeburst155 out.

Tankbuster - AWOL since August 18. Nearing completion of our monster scenario.

Tincan - in the last three or four turns, depending on the BER.

Sledge - picked forces September 1. Sent file September 5. No reply since that date.

Chuckles has been AWOL since July 10. That game was near completion also.

Thanks for the updates, guys! The Fangorn/Mike8g match is a critical one.

I will be working on determining who to drop from the tournament tomorrow. Keep in mind this could shake up the standings quite a bit. In the end, all will have played the same number of games against the same opponents. Make sure you get all your games started by tomorrow that you possibly can.

Anyone you cannot get started with by tomorrow will be dropped. You can expect email from me tonight inquiring about your games. Thanks again for the updates.

EDIT: I think we can cross off Chuckle. His email no longer works.

Treeburst155 out.

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Recent email from Sledge and Mr Spkr informs me that their games with Fangorn are underway. This means that only Chuckle will be dropped from this tourney (if he doesn't make an appearance by tomorrow). You have until November 1st to finish your games. I will adjust the standings to reflect Chuckle being dropped tomorrow. This will hurt Tankbuster and Tincan, but greatly help Fangorn.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Just for fun I went ahead and removed Chuckle's games from the stats. We have a VERY tight race here. This could be very exciting if everyone finishes their games.

Tankbuster and Tincan,

You each have one game to finish with Mr Spkr. These games could be very important to the outcome of the tourney. Please finish these games even though you can't win the tournament. You can spoil Mr Spkr's chances! :D

Here's the standings after adjusting for Chuckle:

Fangorn.......229...3...76.3

Mike8g........331...5...66.2

Sledge........256...4...64.0

Mr Spkr.......122...2...61.0

tank buster...174...5...34.8

StuG III......194...6...32.3

Tincan........141...5...28.2

StuG III is the only one who has finished all his games. Any one of the top four could win. You guys really have a great little tournament here. Hopefully that will motivate you to finish your games by November 1st.

Treeburst155 out.