Axis vs. Axis and Allied vs. Allied?

Just a thought that occurred to me, is there a way to set up armies of same side (ie. Allied) to fight against each other? I'd personally like to see US forces fighting against US forces. Or German units against German units.

-- MS. --

Before this guy gets Flamed up the wazoo for suggesting this ("oh my GOD!!! Using CM for unhistorical experimentation??!!! NEVER!!!), I have often thought how interesting it would be do pit the different allied factions against each other (Brits vs. French, Amis vs. Poland).

Or how about a little what if? Cross over CM and CM2 and have the post-war US fight the post-war USSR!

Damn me and my non-conforming views!!!

Allied on Allied or German on German play would be good for pure "skill" games. Equal points and equal force selection. Perhaps those in the QB thread should be looking an option like this instead of trying to make Allied vrs German battles "equal".

[This message has been edited by CavScout (edited 01-17-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Or how about a little what if? Cross over CM and CM2 and have the post-war US fight the post-war USSR!

B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, its not so crazy.

One of the big behind the scenes fights between Churchill and Roosevelt was over if they should to fight the war so they would be well placed to counter Communist expansionism (Churchill) or just swiftly end the war, beat the Nazis and then figure out what to do about Uncle Joe.(Roosevelt)

If FDR had taken Churchill's side the US could have easily gotten into a scrap with the Red Army. And if you recall the Berlin Airlift -- we came pretty darn close a couple times.

yeah. such as, what if Eisenhower had decided not to stop at the Rhine and had gotten to Berlin first? What would the Russians have done then?

Stalin was convinced the imperialists would turn on him after the war and might have been loopy enough to try for a preemptive strike.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terence:

yeah. such as, what if Eisenhower had decided not to stop at the Rhine and had gotten to Berlin first? What would the Russians have done then?

Stalin was convinced the imperialists would turn on him after the war and might have been loopy enough to try for a preemptive strike.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was reading Stalin's biography, and apperantly the German success in the early days of Barbarossa was because Stalin was planning to attack Germany and all the Russian troops were deployed offensively.

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.