Strange gunnery vs. PBs

I don't see PBs very often, so maybe I missed something during a version change, but I've now noticed that when a tank targets a PB the usual choice menu for main gun versus MG only doesn't appear. You target the PB with the main gun. Period. I even retargeted to make sure of this. Nor have I noticed any MG fire from the tank being directed at the PB.

Could someone explain this to me, please? Why is the tank owner denied, say, the ability to

use MG fire only and is forced to use the cannon and nothing but the cannon? When firing at a similar target (stone house) I still have a choice of weapons.

I'm confused.

Sincerely,

John Kettler

Figure that it can somtimes take a dozen rounds from a main gun to KO a PB, so would an MG do much good? Well, ok, in RL probably, a few rounds of MG fire into a firing slit would cause any sane person to hit the ground, but in CM you have SuperGermans, who laugh at a round of 105 bouncing around thier little p-box. :rolleyes:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gen-x87H:

Probably because a MG is worthless against a Pill Box. It is like when you target an enemy tank. I dont think it even gives you an option to shoot the tank with MGs.

Gen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And there's your definitive answer. Because BTS models pillboxes as, in effect, immobile tanks, that's the reason why you can't just target them with your AFV's MG.

Regards

Jim R.