ETA on CM 1.12?

Guest Madmatt

Originally posted by von Lucke:

Will this cover all the other German 20mm armed AC's as well? (Hope so, 'cuz they all use their turreted gun like an AA field piece!)

No it will not. Charles looked up data on the 234 and 250/9 and they can apparently elevate the gun mount 70 degrees upward. That would point to the fact that they could be used in a Anti-Air roll apprarently.

Madmatt

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Stoffel:

speaking of Tungsten rounds,in a recent PBEMgame I had a pak38 with a Tungsten round.

Can that be a bug as well?(1.1 version)

AFAIK, these game with some Wolfram rounds. Some real Grog can probably confirm that.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

No it will not. Charles looked up data on the 234 and 250/9 and they can apparently elevate the gun mount 70 degrees upward. That would point to the fact that they could be used in a Anti-Air roll apprarently.

Madmatt

Heh --- amazing the things you can learn if you bother to look them up before you speak: According to the Encyclopedia of German Tanks of WW2, both the Sd Kfz 250/9 and the Sd Kfz 234 mounted the hangelafette (swinging mount) turret that allowed for an elevation of +70 to +85 specifically to engage aircraft.

Well, after that example of anti-Grogdom (groginess?), you can take what I have to say about the 50mm PaK38 with a grain of salt. But, as I recall, the 50mm gun was supplied with PzGr40 rounds because it needed them to be effective at range, whereas the German 75mm guns already had enough muzzle velocity with standard rounds to defeat most Allied armor.

Guest AussieJeff

Hi Matt,

Any progress on that problem I found in v1.1 regarding AFV's shooting long from high elevations to low elevations against non vehicle targets? Basically, If you have confirned the problem, I am wondering whether it would be fixed in the upcoming 1.12 patch.

Cheers,

AussieJeff

Guest Madmatt

It wasn't a true problem Jeff. It's just a really bad angle and in my own tests (and map) I could never duplicate it with the same results. I (and Charles) actually saw them score several direct hits when I ran the test repeatedly.

Madmatt

Guest Napoleon1944

No mention of BTS fixing the bug that removes all of the buttons after being dropped from TCP/IP on occasion. This has happened a few times in gameplay with my opponents as well.

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Andrew Hedges wrote:

The Germans...or some Germans...go to India and observe the same short-haired tiger. However, the Germans also notice that this species of tiger is the *largest* species of tiger in the world.

Apparently those Germans were pretty sloppy. Either they didn't bother to research that the largest tiger species is actually the siberian tiger (or however it is named in English) or they had really poor maps.

- Tommi

tss: Quite right, the siberian tiger is the largest type. Perhaps the Germans

meant the largest kind in the Indian jungle?

Mattias: I didn't know that the JgPz IV (L48) had it's armor value

incorrect in CM. If Charles is aware of this, I'm surprised he doesn't

have it in his list of fixes for the v1.12 patch. It would be a simple

matter of just changing the number from 60mm to 80mm, I assume that would

just take a few seconds to do.

Perhaps Charles isn't aware of this problem, Mattias?

Guest Andrew Hedges

Originally posted by tss:

Andrew Hedges wrote:

Apparently those Germans were pretty sloppy. Either they didn't bother to research that the largest tiger species is actually the siberian tiger (or however it is named in English) or they had really poor maps.

- Tommi

Maybe any tiger that you encounter in the wild is the biggest tiger?

I'm pretty sure my etymology is correct, so maybe they didn't know of the Siberian Tiger, or maybe the guys who named the Tiger didn't know of it.

Well, if Charles is aware of it, I'm sure he will take the 1 minute

necessary to fix it. It's not like it would delay the patch coming out

or require any programming, just a simple number change.

I'm surprised Steve or Charles hasn't taken care of this before, if

you've been telling everyone about it for so long, you'd think it would

have been noticed by now. smile.gif